Official Bosskey Development Thread in Off-Topic
Posted on March 26, 2012 at 12:04 AM#
- Fixed the problem where nothing was showing up under list of a user's post on profiles/dashboards.
- Added link to dashboard if you just click on your userbox avatar (thanks PP for the suggestion!)
- Thread title now displays on every page of a thread, not just the first (oops)
And finally, 2 new bbcode tags you will all love me for...
[ youtube ] VIDEO ID [/ youtube ] will embed a youtube video directly into the post! Note that you only put the ID of the video, not the URL to the video or the embed code that youtube provides. It's pretty easy to get the ID of a video from the url. For example, the ID of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLTZctTG6cE is DLTZctTG6cE. If you're still confused, ask someone for help.
Here is the code in action!
The second one is something a bunch of people have been asking for, which is a different execution of the spoiler tags! Now, in my mind, spoiler tags equal text that is blacked out that you can read when you highlight or mouseover, but clearly not everyone agrees. However, just because you want some content that is hidden and can be expanded doesn't mean it will be a spoiler. So, the [ spoiler ] tags will still black out text (and enable people to use inline spoilers which IMHO is pretty damn useful!). However, I added the [ hidden ] tags:
[ hidden title="Click to toggle hidden content!" ] HIDDEN CONTENT [/ hidden ]
The best way to explain what this does is to demonstrate it:
Watch out guys, spoilers!
So yup, hope you enjoy! I'm going to make a Bosskey Development Talkback thread for people to respond to new features and ask questions and make requests and things like that, since I want to keep this thread locked for my use only. Let me know what you think!!
edited by suzubara on March 28, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Posted on March 28, 2012 at 1:34 AM#
Like us from the front page sidebar, or at www.facebook.com/bosskey.org if you haven't already!
edited by suzubara on April 12, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Posted on April 1, 2012 at 2:48 PM#
Posted on April 12, 2012 at 1:43 AM#
- Thread ratings displaying should be fixed, but apparently not many of you have been rating threads. Please use the like/dislike functions so that we can see this in action!
- Problem viewing Unread threads filter if you have not yet read any threads is fixed.
- Latest Posts module on profile/dashboard should now actually be sorting posts descendant by date.
- Unregistered users can now view other user's profile pages.
- Issues uploading/changing avatar images should be fixed now.
- Problem with the page scrolling down if you are not logged in and trying to comment on a blog post should be fixed.
- RSS/Twitter links have been added to the sidebar and footer.
- RSS feed formatting has been improved.
edited by suzubara on June 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Posted on June 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM#
Posted on April 2, 2013 at 4:09 AM#
- Design updates to the blog. "Blurb" posts now have their own pages with comments and everything.
- Design updates to the forum. The forum navigation now has an expandable "detailed" menu, and subforums have been deprecated. The forums themselves have been changed around a little bit, but all existing threads have been moved to the appropriate place.
- Updates to Private Messaging. Messages are now like conversations, and can contain multiple recipients.
Those are probably the most noticeable changes. A lot of work was done under the hood, so to speak, to make things more efficient and easier to build upon. I am aware that there are some sections of the site (such as your user profile/settings) that are not working or look unfinished - those will be cleaned up over the next few days. After that, the next few features to implement are:
- Support for a comics section/posting comics in the blog
- Adding tags to forum threads
- Making the site mobile friendly
Posted on April 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM#
- Fixed design for login form, post history, and upload avatar/profile pic forms
- Fixed problem with edit profile form
- Upgraded "tagging" to use new plugin that works much better (ie. the "to" field in the new PM form)
Posted on April 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM#
- Blog admin is back in full swing with an updated UI. Critiques have been removed in favor of major anticipated changes.
- Put datepicker back on birthday field in profile
- Minor design fixes to forums and blog
Posted on April 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM#
- Blog posts can now have links to related threads in the forum
- Tags have been cleaned up in general
- Fixed a typo in the tweet button on blog posts
Posted on April 20, 2013 at 6:33 AM#
You must be logged in to post in the forums.