Register |
Forgot password?

Christmas 2012 in Events

First Previous Page 1 2 3 of 4 Next Last
Merry December!

The holidays are nearly upon us! Let's talk about our plans for the vacation time, the things we want to get, the things we should get others, and anything else related to this awesome day.

Feel free to share sales and items you see around that might make good gifts! Such as this!.

Posted on December 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM

My folks are asking me for a list (probably so that they can pass it on to my grandparents), and I have no idea what I want to put on it. Well, I know of one book. So if you know of geeky awesome things that aren't too hard to find for un-initiated, I would be deeply grateful. Josh's link might've been a good option, had I been a trekkie. I feel that for a $100 present, it really should be something I connect to.

Posted on December 1, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Haha has the steel one for $29.99.
I am just interested in spending the holidays with my family and some close friends. I've been cooking alot lately. So far I've made cranberry bliss bars, Crunch top home-made Apple pie, Minstrone soup, and cookies. I love this time of year. Lot's of Chai tea and Peppermint Mochas. Mmmmm. As long as the snow comes and the cold stays, I'll be happy. :)

Posted on December 2, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I've gotten most of my christmas presents off of etsy, but I got my bro a kendama...He will probably hate it because he wanted a bunch of video games and technology stuff that is super expensive...but I am wanting to get a kendama that is all prettied up so I am hoping he will end up liking his because I am "cool". XD

I bought myself a really long Santa hat (it is almost as tall as me) and a light up christmas light necklace XD I love christmastime and I cannot wait to put up the tree! I want to go look at christmas lights and listen to music but it doesn't feel like December yet -_- it's like...50 degrees here...IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE 10 DEGREES WITH 3 FEET OF SNOW! WHERE IS MY SNOW!?

I recommend Etsy for Christmas presents because you can get some neat stuff for pretty cheap, and it supports artists :)

Posted on December 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM

We have a hot week ahead of us up in NYC, too... Though, it had been quite cold when you initially posted, Jax!

Christmas this year is the first time I'm more excited about what I'm getting myself than what I'm getting from my parents: a 51 inch HDTV. I'll need a PS3 at some point, too, but I just gotta wait to get paid! I have a bonus coming soon that should be rather handy for making me feel rich. Also maybe a raise?

I want a Ravenclaw scarf.

Posted on December 3, 2012 at 2:19 PM

It always feels better when you purchase something for yourself with your own hard-earned money doesn't it? :)

Posted on December 3, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I'm actually really excited about this right now:

I'm gonna order a steel Boss key with a gold finish for myself! And then I'll probably order some others of slightly lower quality/expense for other people :D

Posted on December 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM

A friend just brought these to my attention and I couldn't help but buy a pack.

Josh, you'll have to show us how the key turns out, that sounds pretty cool.

I'm closing in on finishing some Christmas gifts I was making, so I'll take a picture of those shortly.(sometime before the 25)

Posted on December 4, 2012 at 6:09 AM

I'm also curious about the keys. I'm thinking about a lot of other stuffs I can make from Shapeways (figurines, mostly), but it won't be for Christmas. I simply haven't the energy to sit down and work on a model this close to shipping deadline. It's too late already for some of the materials. Custom 3d printing is awesome, however.

Steel's find, though, I can use this year. That's where I'll be getting my girlfriend's christmas presents.

Posted on December 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM

AHHHH! Fangamer! I love that site. I got an excellent Link's Awakening shirt from them a while back.

I think I'd have to get some of their art at some point. It's very classy.

Posted on December 4, 2012 at 3:29 PM

During a short walk today I decided that my own list will have a few books on programming. It feels kindof boring for a Christmas list, but I've been meaning to start working on new languages and underlying theory for some time, and now's my chance.

My brother and sister will get a shirt each and some other small stuff. I haven't looked for any yet, but I have to do so soon, or else...

Posted on December 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Sintar- Yes, very much so! I wish I had more money, but I could not stand being at that job anymore :\ It was nice to have some cash for the holidays though :3

Josh- Holy shit that just send in a design and they make it for you!? That is the awesomest thing I have seen today. I want to see the bosskey! :O

Steel- I laughed at those cards, I had no idea what I was expecting to see but it was not that and I quite literally laughed out loud.

Posted on December 6, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Jax, honestly when my friend sent me the link I didn't know what to expect either. It just so happens to have come at just the right time for a Birthday present though. So here's to them arriving by next Wednesday! Or at least Friday...

Posted on December 7, 2012 at 12:55 AM

awesome :3

Posted on December 8, 2012 at 3:16 AM

So during winter time with my family and friends here we always make excellent cocktails. Like Baileys Spiced cocktail, Brandy and Egggnog, Hot Buttered Rum, Mocha Nog (which is a personal fav). I love Holiday drinks, Mmm! I'm making sugar cookies and Gingerbread cookies this upcoming week! yay!

Posted on December 9, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Oh! I need some good holiday drink suggestions for an upcoming party... what's buttered rum? (Not a fan of eggnog)

Posted on December 9, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Last weekend we made gingerbread cookie dough. Some time in the not too distant future we're gonna make gingerbread cookies. Meanwhile, the supply of dough is diminishing day by day. Funny how that works.

Posted on December 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Buttered Rum-

1 stick of unslated butter
2 cups of light brown sugar
1 tsp of Ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
Pinch ground cloves
Pinch salt
Bottle dark rum
Boiling water

In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Refrigerate until almost firm. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture into 12 small mugs. Pour about 3 ounces of rum into each mug (filling about halfway). Top with boiling water (to fill the remaining half), stir well, and serve immediately.

They're rich and tasty!!! For Dark Rums you can always go with Bacardi (which I detest) but its afforadable. My advice is Myers Dark Rum or Cruzan Dark rum. Depending on the bottle size for the Myers the biggest is like around $35, the Cruzan bottles are around $20. :)

Posted on December 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I bet they're tasty; going by the ingredients they look like our gingerbread, only you swapped flour and ginger for rum.

Posted on December 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM

This recipe is actually an Emeril Lagasse recipe that I just love, it adds better flavor to the buttered rum original. It does have a small gingerbready flavor which tastes great with the rum! Warm Buttered Rum is just delicousness!

Posted on December 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM

First Previous Page 1 2 3 of 4 Next Last