Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

The new console wars: PS4 vs Xbox One... and Nintendo's around, too. in Video Games

The next console generation is almost upon us, and we have our contenders finally all out in the open.

Ultimately, the question of which console rules over the others will be determined by game libraries, but what do you all think of the features that have been revealed thusfar?

Just off the top of my head, some details on each:

PS4:
    - Remote play, video recording and sharing
    - Relationships with indie developers
    - No backwards compatibility

Xbox One:
    - Kinect is essential to console use (not required for games, though)
    - We've seen what the console looks like
    - Seems to be on the PS4's hardware level (Bluray, 8 GB ram, etc)
    - No backwards compatibility
    - Requires an Internet connection (once every 24 hours)
    - TV integration

edited by Joshura on May 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Posted on May 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM

#
you forgot that there is going to be TV on the xbox and that there is a dog character in the new COD

Posted on May 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM

#
Right.

I added the TV bit to the Xbox description, but that dog part is irrelevant because it will eventually be cross-platform.

Also, I could care less about a new CoD game.

ANYWAY, TV integration is actually something that would have excited me a few months ago, before I figured out the best way to set up my home entertainment center. Now, I want my gaming platforms to be solely gaming experiences, so it fits into that idea better.

Posted on May 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM

#
I'm not really excited about either one. Gaming consoles use to be something that you purchased because you couldn't get that experience anywhere else. And I suppose for some PS4 and XBOX1 exclusive games that might still be the case. But I will be playing the games on my computer from now on. I can also understand if you don't have much in the way of a home entertainment system, then either console will be great. But I'm not a 22 year old just starting to live on my own. And I already have my entertainment system for watching TV. So I don't want a console for this purpose. I'm just going to stick with computers from now on.

I will say that if I were to purchase any of the consoles I would get the PS4-it just trumps the XBOX1 alone by not running 3 Microsoft operating systems. That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Posted on June 8, 2013 at 7:09 PM

#
I don't play games that much any more, and I've already invested in a WiiU, as well as a PS3. I don't believe I will choose a side in the PS4 vs. XbO battle.

Still, I wish they could dedicate their consoles to gaming. I don't like that they spend so much resources on things not directly related to the gaming console that it is.

Posted on June 9, 2013 at 6:53 AM

#
Higure- I completely agree with you!! That's my biggest issue with both of them!!

Posted on June 10, 2013 at 4:19 AM

#

You must be logged in to post in the forums.