Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Music Makers in Creativity

First Previous Page 1 2 3 of 3 Next Last
Hi
Plato here. Bosskey is looking good. So I'm gonna do my thing and contribute with a music making thread.
Anything should be welcome here I suppose. SoundCloud links. Websites, Direct Downloads.
This could also be the place for discussion about music making in general, like instruments, practice advice, links to tutorials or educational videos. Anything that might be interesting. Please Discuss!

No Spam though. Tell us why you're posting and don't go around filling the thread with similar posts all the time.

edited by Plato on March 26, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM

#
This is the first of a new series I'm doing called "Brand216 Ringtones". Where I make fun, lo-fi ringtones, obviously.
Thought I'd share it with you to showcase what this thread could be all about.

http://soundcloud.com/platonist/pompombomb-ringtone-320kbps

ouch, double posting

Having used up a post already I might just put the rest of my profile here at the top.
Hopefully after the "EVENT", some more stuff will end up in here. I feel lonely now
_
Anyway, I'm plato, and i have been a part of this community for a long time.
My contributions to the site will mainly be music related. If i ever do any articles or other things it will also be music related.
I have two websites.
http://platonistmusic.com (personal site)
and
http://reuniverse.org (label)
_

I'm subscribed to this thread, so If anyone wants to discuss the music making world, business or non-business, industry news, applications, music software or hardware. Go ahead.

edited by Plato on March 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 3:14 AM

#
I sing a bit, but I don't really have anything id feel comfortable posting in here. If I come up with something i'll be sure to post it though.

edited by Mashira on March 27, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 4:05 AM

#
I sing a bit, but I don't really have anything id feel comfortable posting in here. If I come up with something i'll be sure to post it though.

Aww, don't be shy! Go for it ;)

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM

#
Eh, I might post something in here later, but the quality is just too bad, and it's a bit confusing to listen to.

Once I get a new headset i'll be sure to record something.

Posted on March 31, 2012 at 1:47 AM

#
I'd like to hear your singing too :))

I play drums myself, but haven't really done that for two years now... =X I also make electronic music on my computer, but still haven't made anything I would exactly be proud of... :D I'm having a lot of trouble fitting different instruments and melodies together so they sound good, but I guess that's something that only improves through time.

Posted on March 31, 2012 at 6:50 PM

#
I play guitar. At least I try. :D

Posted on March 31, 2012 at 7:19 PM

#

I play drums myself, but haven't really done that for two years now... =X I also make electronic music on my computer, but still haven't made anything I would exactly be proud of... :D I'm having a lot of trouble fitting different instruments and melodies together so they sound good, but I guess that's something that only improves through time.

Indeed so. Having produced since 1998, i just have to say one thing. Dont give up. it'll come sooner or later ^^

Posted on April 1, 2012 at 12:41 AM

#

Indeed so. Having produced since 1998, i just have to say one thing. Dont give up. it'll come sooner or later ^^

I think I shall trust you then and try my best XD

I have a little band/artist project with my friend :D He's nearly a professional in making electronic music (mostly electro/house) and we've parodied lots of popular songs, changing the lyrics and singing them in a stupid way... But we do get semi-serious at times, and we've now managed to get a few original and better tracks out xd

Was just thinking I could post one of these here if anyone's interested... It's from our third album (currently in the making) and actually the second track to ever be heard by outsiders XD

So here it is: http://soundcloud.com/e-116/mammaples-got-milk

Posted on April 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

#
E! That track is actually pretty cool. I like the melody, and the groove. The only thing that bugged me was the vocal sample. it was panned straight out to the left and had a lot of noise ^^ I am assuming you recorded that yourself?
in each case, put it in the middle (since it's a lead it should go there unless you mess around with it in a transition and fly it all over the place) and maybe lower the volume level a bit to disguise the noise or use an EQ to make the noise blend better with the rest of the track..

^^

edited by Plato on April 2, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 5:03 PM

#
E! That track is actually pretty cool. I like the melody, and the groove. The only thing that bugged me was the vocal sample. it was panned straight out to the left and had a lot of noise ^^ I am assuming you recorded that yourself?
in each case, put it in the middle (since it's a lead it should go there unless you mess around with it in a transition and fly it all over the place) and maybe lower the volume level a bit to disguise the noise or use an EQ to make the noise blend better with the rest of the track..

^^

Yeah, it's recorded with a microphone xd

It was originally in the middle, but then we decided to pan them a little since it has mine and my friend's voices, so we thought it would be cool if they came from separate directions :D Now that I listened to the track with my headphones, it does sound kinda weird after all =O Could do something about that.

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM

#
I'm a bit skittish about sharing my voice, especially when I feel what i'd be sharing is anything but my best, but i'll link the thing I did a week ago here for the hell of it.

http://soundcloud.com/user8870232/me-singin

I did not like that for many many reasons, but it kinda works as a comparison as to how well I can mimic someone, which is not very. I'd like to record something later this week that's less busy than that was. Curious as to what y'all think though.

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 7:13 AM

#
It sounds great, Mashy! Especially when you're singing with more confidence, makes a huge difference :)

Posted on April 21, 2012 at 6:39 PM

#
Aaah, thank you, I wasn't terribly happy with that but I gave it a try. If I can find a song I'm familiar with with a good karaoke track i'll record it.

Posted on April 28, 2012 at 4:09 AM

#
Mashira: Confidence is everything, as stated above. You just have to give it your all, even if it's not perfect (nothing is).

on that note, here's my new "Take Out" on youtube. Recording songs without caring about being perfect :P

http://youtu.be/nuVFxFZf4IM

Posted on April 30, 2012 at 3:01 AM

#
http://soundcloud.com/platonist/platonist-epsilon new chiptune for the masses :) have a listen, give feedback or just flame me, i dont know XD

Posted on June 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

#
Many nice, Plato, many nice.

Posted on June 8, 2012 at 4:24 AM

#
arigator, mash, arigator

Posted on June 8, 2012 at 4:26 AM

#
so i found this recording lying around on my hard drive. recorded sometime in 2011 i think. played around with it for a while and decided to upload. this is probably the last one in this format - i have better recording possibilities these days and im currently working on my first real blacklake upload. have fun ^^

http://youtu.be/780lKeddoq8

Posted on June 27, 2012 at 2:04 AM

#
Love it.

I don't know enough about music to be able to compliment specifically well done moments, but I can tlel you that I like the song, the voice, and the instrument. That's good, right?

Posted on June 27, 2012 at 4:35 AM

#
First Previous Page 1 2 3 of 3 Next Last