Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Doctor Who in 

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead

Filename: plugins/modifier.capitalize.php

Line Number: 26

TV & Movies

First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last
This is the thread for anything related to the Doctor. Doctor who? I hear you ask. Well, mostly he replies "Just 'the Doctor'", but he does have a name, and at least one other living creature knows it. We think. Some times. Depending on when we meet her.

The last season ended pointing towards maybe finally getting the answer at the end of the coming season. But maybe we won't.

Anyways, here we can talk and discuss about Rose Tyler, the Weeping Angels, the Slytheens and the Daleks all we want. I have pretty much seen anything that came out of the latest run (with Christoffer Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith playing the Doctor). But I guess spoiler tags will be in order when talking about specific episodes.

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM

#
I didn't like rose or anything to do with her.

I hated the daleks with a passion when I first saw one because that fucking voice.

That's all I have to say about doctor who for right now.

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM

#
Whaaat! Daleks are awesome! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! Rose isn't that bad either, she's a bit of a chav and sometimes speaks as if someone put a ping pong ball into her mouf. :D

Though it's still many, many months until we get hear from the Doctor. :(

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM

#
I didnt like them at first because their voices gave me some pretty terrible headaches.

I didnt like rose because...well...she was just really annoying, and all of the plot surrounding her was just really bad. Also her boyfriend was the worst thing ever.

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 10:50 AM

#
Well, daleks were "invented" in the 60's, and were made to be futuristic at that time. There's one ep with both Dalek and Cybermen in it. EXTERMINATE! UPGRADE!

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 10:54 AM

#
Oh god don't even remind me of that, my head was split in half after that episode.

Fucking hilarious though.

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM

#
I do prefer the Weeping Angels to just about any other species we've seen, although the Silence is a pretty close second.

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM

#
I'm a big fan of Rose. She was pretty awesome for reasons I can't articulate very well so far removed from her seasons.

Of course, Amy Pond is by far the best companion of this revived show, and I will be very sad to see her go next season. Her replacement looks pretty cool, though. I just wonder how much they'll try to maintain access to the earlier parts of the Moffat run by bringing her back every now and then. Or, maybe... there will be some... finality... ugh that would be worse than ME3's ending.

Posted on March 29, 2012 at 3:18 AM

#
i finally saw this, and i have to say it is pretty good.

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 4:43 AM

#
Yep, sure is.

Who was your favorite doctor?

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 4:48 AM

#
I think every Doctor is fairly unique and adds something new! No favourites here, love all Eccleston, Tennant and Smith for different reasons!

Posted on April 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM

#
I love Eccleston, but not the ninth doctor, sorry. He's not wibbly-wobbly enough in my opinion.

Posted on April 21, 2012 at 9:26 PM

#
Now, I have never watched Dr. Who.

Is it the kind of series where you need to watch it from season 1 to enjoy it properly, and if it is, are the old seasons still worth watching now? Or should I just give up entirely on getting into this show?

Posted on April 21, 2012 at 10:01 PM

#
I started with the 2005 series, watched chronologically from there, and had a great time, and while there are some hinting throughout each season towards the finale, most episodes can be watched totally independently. However, I would assume many eps are much more exciting if you're allready familiar with the characters.

That being said, if you just wanna see one episode to get a feel for the series, and don't mind what I like to call "soft spoilers", then the season 3 (2007?) episode "Blink" is really good. It's a bit more thrilling than most, and the Doctor himself isn't featured a lot in the episode, but apart from that it's what I hope every episode to be when I put it on for the first time.

("Soft spoilers" meaning, you gotta know what it spoils to realize it's spoiling something; or it's not really spoiling anything, like the fact that the actor who plays the doctor changes, and every change is portrayed as a near-death for the Doctor. In this case you get to see the doctor and his companion, signifying they will both change at some point during the first two-and-a-half seasons. In other words, not the greatest of spoilers.)

edited by Higure on April 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Posted on April 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

#
Season 7 just started!

First episode back was Asylum of the Daleks, and it wasn't bad!

Beware, spoilers beyond! Watch the episode first.

That girl is the new companion, somehow. There's a theory on reddit about how Oswin's chair is actually the same chair from Doctor's Daughter Jenny's spaceship as she went off to explore the universe.

Obviously, if this actually means anything, then whatever happens to Oswin on the planet somehow didn't -really- happen. Maybe she's actually off somewhere, remotely controlling a Dalek like that... maybe there's some greater scheme...

But, it would explain her genius, and particularly why the Daleks wouldn't just make her into a puppet. She wanted to see the universe, she says freely. That's exactly what Jenny said. I don't know where mention of a mother comes in, but something crazy is going on.

Posted on September 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM

#
It was pretty good I thought. Very interesting lots of theory that can be played out here.

Posted on September 3, 2012 at 8:05 AM

#
No more oncoming storm, though. I wonder why they would suddenly call him predator, don't believe that's happened, at least not during the new series. He's always been the oncoming storm.

Posted on September 6, 2012 at 11:37 AM

#
"Oncoming Storm" doesn't really fit Matt Smith's doctor as much, though.

There's words to explain that, but I can't think of them at the moment!

He's just way goofier.

Posted on September 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM

#
The daleks aren't really familiar with the eleventh, though. It's a name he has had since his seventh incarnation, whereas the name "Predator of the daleks" was introduced and subsequently deleted in the same episode. Unless it appears again, I really can't see why the writers included it.

Posted on September 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM

#
I had figured oncoming storm was the 9th's, and it fit very well with his war veteran persona... and then the tenth grew into that even more strongly, and was basically the embodiment of that phrase.

Posted on September 6, 2012 at 7:30 PM

#
First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last