Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Doctor Who in 

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead

Filename: plugins/modifier.capitalize.php

Line Number: 26

TV & Movies

First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last
He did take Demons Run pretty stormily.

Apparently the seventh earned it from an allied race called draconians, because of all the troubles that always accompany him. In which case it would also fit all of the new ones.

Posted on September 7, 2012 at 7:26 AM

#
I saw it differently. I think this is where the Oncoming Storm originated. It is further in his timeline but perhaps earlier in the Dalek timeline because it was according to legend that he is called the Oncoming Storm.

http://youtu.be/9QhliTHMDcY
^ adorable

http://planetarbitrary.com/2012/09/nerd-school-biology-psychology-and-regeneration/
^ very interesting

edited by Lutyo on September 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Posted on September 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM

#
Episode two is called Dinosaurs on a spaceship.

It seems he's sticking with the Ponds for now, only he drops them off at the end of each episode, and then picks them up the next. Still nothing as to where the season is going, unless you count one more hint towards the fields of Trenzalore, the fall of the eleventh, and the question.

Posted on September 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM

#
I have the following verdict. The doctor is a lot more childish in season 7. The eleventh has always been impulsive, but two hundred years without regenerating seems to have taken its toll.

Posted on September 24, 2012 at 9:04 PM

#
I really liked the slow invasion thing. The others, not so much, but that one, really good.

He is definitely more of a child, and I feel like his ultimate demise will come about from being kinda dumb about something.

In a Town Called Mercy, they started to play with his whole war hero thing a bit, but really sidestepped the RTD connections by not explicitly referring to them. I think that would have been a nice throwback, at the very least.

Posted on September 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM

#
I never quite got the conversation with the hologram at the end there. Mayhaps I should rewatch...

But yeah, the cubes were awesome.

Posted on September 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM

#
This week's episode is going to be really silly, but also quite sad. I am not looking forward to it.

The BBC has been talking about how this is Amy and Rory's last episode.

Posted on September 26, 2012 at 5:57 PM

#
Latest episode.
spoilers
So, this really was the last Amy / Rory episode.

I really love the angels. Still do, the episodes with them are somewhat more serious. Only problem I had with this episode was that with all the ambient lighting in NY, and all the people, birds, dogs, cats, insects and so on, I find it hard to believe the statue of liberty would ever be able to move as far as the mainland, and the roof scenes would be just the same had there been five normal angels waiting there in ambush.

Posted on September 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM

#
I still haven't seen it, but are there no new episodes for a while now?

Posted on October 8, 2012 at 4:08 AM

#
That's right, Josh. Next episode will be the christmas special, and after that we'll see five to eight more episodes this season. At least that's what I'm led to believe.

Posted on October 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM

#
christmas special is already out. saw it last week. pretty awesome! well...i mean...interesting story line. i was left thinking..."ok, ill bite"

Posted on January 30, 2013 at 9:13 PM

#
Ah yeah, that was an interesting episode. It was a scifi fairy tale, and really captured the essence of what I like about Doctor Who. The new companion is well done.

I feel like they're heading in the right direction from here. I just hope there are fewer weak episodes.

March 30!

Posted on January 30, 2013 at 11:21 PM

#
well i feel like for a while they just didn't know what to do with rory and amy. they knew they were going to be gone, and they were just killing time till they figured out the best way to do it(something i think they actually handled pretty well)

edited by madcapprince on February 1, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Posted on January 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM

#
Honestly, no! That was such a major let-down. I just don't buy the permanence of their departure. If you're going to reboot the universe, fake your own death, and pop a guy back into existence all in one run, why shouldn't the Doctor be able to find a way to bring back two people displaced from time? The first time he met the angels at all he and Martha were sent back away from the Tardis, and he managed to get out of that!

And what the hell, the statue of liberty?! There's going for large scale and then there's going a little too far.

Posted on February 1, 2013 at 3:32 AM

#
yeah im gunna have to agree with you on the statue of liberty; that was a bit much. but i maintain that the concept of killing them off the way they did was smart. not so tragic as most deaths because i guess, technically, they died of old age as opposed to falling into a spaceship engine. maybe they didn't cover all their bases in terms of logistics, but when has doctor who logic ever been completely sound?

Posted on February 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM

#
First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last

You must be logged in to post in the forums.