Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Skyrim in Video Games

First Previous Page 1 2 3 of 3 Next Last
Skyrim. The biggest game I have ever played myself. I swore I would try to get from start to finish without getting too sidetracked, but I ended up working my way through the thieves' guild right after getting my hands on an elder scroll. Damnit.

Anyways, thoughts about the game? Story? Gameplay? Graphics? DLC? Anything? I wanna know what people think.

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 10:29 AM

#
I really wanna see a DLC that deals with the thalmore. I want to see high elven ships landing on the beaches of Skyrim with armies of imperials/stormcloaks defending skyrim.

I also think it may be time for more news on the Dwemer, but there's a good chance that they ascended beyond their virtual confines, from a lore perspective anyways. Supposedly the lore surrounding the Elder Scrolls gets pretty meta-physical.

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM

#
Like what an Elder Scroll really is. I never really understood that. But I do go mostly blind from looking at one at the wrong place.

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM

#
As I understand it the Elder Scrolls are fragments of causality that record major events at certain points in time, and branching timelines. These kind of explain why every single player's individual game is the correct game. One Hero of Kvatch is an elderly argonian woman, another is an orcish teen looking to join a monastery, both of these heroes are canon, as well as all of their choices. Mods are also debatably canon.

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 11:05 AM

#
I felt the game had way too little content. The main quest was really short and all of the "Guilds" had only like 5-6 quests each or something like that. I played the game for maybe a week and then i was done with it.
I felt a little dissapointed when i compared it to Morrowind because that game, I have played for years and still not completed the main quest.

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 4:19 PM

#
That's the first time I've heard someone say that the game has way too little content :D

For me, it's always so that for completing one quest I suddenly get two, and the questing never seems to end :D Well, I just talk to everybody and listen to everything they have to say, so that might be a reason why my journal is quite full of quests/miscellaneous objectives! But I haven't yet completed any whole questlines, and I have 150+ hours on my clock :P

And leaving the quests aside, it's also fun to rampage and generally wreak different kinds of havoc in populated areas, be it cities or little towns :DD So, at least for me, the amount of content I see in the game is really huge :D

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 11:02 PM

#
Well, I guess it has a lot of content if you compare it to most other games but if you compare it to the earlier elder scrolls games, it feels pretty short :P

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM

#
Well, that might be true, yeah xD I never owned Morrowind myself, but used to play it a lot at a friend's house :D And it definitely seemed longer, and with Oblivion I never got far anywhere in the main plot nor the other questlines :DD But Skyrim seems like a game I just might be able to finish one day XD

edited by E on March 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

#
Lol, I completely disagree that this game feels short in any way and you're also the first I've head to complain about that. I mean, even if there do exist other games that may be longer, that certainly doesn't make this game short. It's filled with content and hours of gameplay.

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 3:03 PM

#
I'm not really saying that the game is short, just that it is short if you compare it to the earlier games in the series.
Not saying the game is bad though, just that I felt like i was done with pretty much everything after a week or two. When I play Morrowind, I can still find new stuff to do even after many years of playing that game.

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM

#
heh, this was pretty funny.

Skyrim Hoarders.

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

#
That was very entertaining. Thanks Dape!

edited by Sintar on April 13, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM

#
I have

way more septims

than I know what to do with.

Money isn't even an issue anymore. If I need an iron ingot I may as well buy the whole stack. Potions? Buy every potion in the store, the only limiting factor is encumbrance. Dont even get me started on those fucking dragon bones...

I've got three full sets of dragon bone armor. One heavy for my companion, one light just to have it, and another heavy for decoration.

It seems like currency issues (along with a lot of other things) are frontloaded into the game. Once you hit 25ish it's clear sailing.

Posted on March 29, 2012 at 3:28 AM

#
So true Mash.

Posted on March 29, 2012 at 4:31 AM

#
I love Skyrim. I started playing as a sneaky nord, played through all the main stuff. Now I play as a badass orc and smash through crap with the Volendrung. I once decapitated a guy with it.

Anyone who makes an arrow to the knee joke should be banned forever.

edited by Tacko on March 30, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Posted on March 30, 2012 at 5:29 PM

#
Karn Ebonwood III is a man of tastes. A man of fine living. Foie Gras, Lark Tounges, the finest Cyrodillan wines, only the best for one of Skyrim's fiercest warriors. Karn's calm, relaxed demeanor fades when put on the field of battle. Many have described seeing him in action as that f a natural disaster incarnate . He defends his allies to the death, but woe to all who would stand in his way.

The prestigious Karn Ebonwood

wT5j3.jpg
w0VYv.jpg

edited by Mashira on March 31, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Posted on March 31, 2012 at 1:40 AM

#
Managed to find some mods that makes you look like Guts from Berserk.

su8jZ.jpg

Posted on March 31, 2012 at 11:41 AM

#
hah, that looks pretty great.

nice find, Arako.

Posted on April 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM

#
That is a damn fine mod. Not sure i'd wanna play as Guts, but it's nice to know I have the option.

Posted on April 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM

#
Is this.. is this the right thread? D:

The things some people will do!

Posted on April 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM

#
First Previous Page 1 2 3 of 3 Next Last