Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

One Piece Manga - Punch your problems away! in Anime & Manga

First Previous Page 1 2 3 of 13 Next Last
Chapter_660.jpg

One Piece is a manga about pirates written by a guy who loves Dragon Ball. Honestly, that should be enough to sell it, but I could also mention the Orwellian subplots, the massive spider-web of plot-weaving, the multitude of memorable and unique characters... you know, if pirates aren't enough of a hook. It's funny, it's great. It's pretty much the only manga I read nowadays.

Turn back if you haven't read up to the latest chapter of One Piece, be fore-warned. There are spoilers aplenty in this thread.

Here is a place for theories, reactions to recent chapters, and general commentary on the current state of One Piece. Anime and manga related discussion is welcome, but no spoiler tags are necessary. Spoilers for yet-to-be-released chapters are absolutely forbidden.

The policy for spoiler tags, however, is that you should use them in the first few new posts after a chapter becomes available. So, one post says "It's out! it's great," and then the next few use tags to make it clear continuing to read would result in having things spoiled. Use your own judgment, just try not to be super specific early after a chapter is publicly available.

edited by Joshura on April 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 11:38 AM

#
The current arc is great.

Everything feels so new and exciting and it's our first arc in the New World and Oda is a genius and Law is awesome!

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM

#
yup, i second Dape.
This is as excited as I think I can get from manga at the moment. One Piece is doing well, well, at least the manga is.

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

#
This arc, so far, is much better than Fishman Island, probably because FI was so hyped up. I hope it doesn't last much longer, I'd like to see Oda return to smaller island visits for a while before he tackles another year-long arc.

As of the newest chapter, Sanji is a very happy woman.

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 3:15 PM

#
This arc, so far, is much better than Fishman Island, probably because FI was so hyped up. I hope it doesn't last much longer, I'd like to see Oda return to smaller island visits for a while before he tackles another year-long arc.

As of the newest chapter, Sanji is a very happy woman.

Thissss

I would really like to see some smaller island visits.

Posted on March 27, 2012 at 7:29 PM

#
New chap is out.

Some of the wanted posters are updated. Sanji's is slightly improved, now actually a picture, and probably of the right person as well. Law vs. Smo-yan was over too quickly, and now Luffy might have to beat Law to save Smoker :P

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM

#
Well, it looks like we might get to know Law's intentions in the next chap. Or, Luffy will at least demand to know what is going on if Law chooses to fight Luffy. And yeah, it seems like that girl, Harpy Mone, doesn't have one of the few DF's that gives you the ability to fly anyways as I initially thought.

Cool Chap =D

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 2:59 PM

#

I got a kick out of how the Brownbeard actually turned out to be a centaur. I wasn't actually sure if it was Brownbeard or not until this week, I was pretty sure he was just an expository character to kinda show the world was going into chaos, but it's cool to see him popping up. Question is: is this a RACE of centaurs, or just people Law has operated on? The samurai seems to be out of law's "zone" so that kinda suggests once he does something to you in his zone it's there for good.

Im kinda having the same reaction to this body-switch thing as I did with sanji's blood loss, I know exactly where all the jokes are going and im not really looking forward to any of them.

So yea, lotsa questions to be answered. Who's Law working with? What's up with the children? What connection does Vegapunk have to all this (it's been implied that if he's not directly affiliated with the rebels he's at least ambivalent. So far he seems the sort to ignore affiliations for the sake of science)? Are tree-man and bird-woman part of law's crew? Why is chopper still considered a pet?

edited by Mashira on March 28, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM

#
I really don't like Law.

And yeah, I am pretty certain that Brownbeard's centaurness is a product of Law's meddling.

Posted on March 29, 2012 at 2:34 AM

#
Im actually liking him quite a bit more after these last two chapters. Im digging his style.

Posted on March 29, 2012 at 2:36 AM

#
This chapter was great in the fact that were introduced to more interesting characters. Like that... blob, er... whatever the hell he was talking to Happy. I've read some theories around and some people think it's Moria. Which would be odd, but funny nonetheless.

What is this forum's policy on speaking of the chapter without spoilering everything? Do we just assume after a few hours, everyone that will read it, has? Or... wait for Josh? Or is it a case where one of us will know in our hearts and know that the time of this occurence is right?

Posted on March 29, 2012 at 2:51 AM

#
Check the OP, fella.

Posted on March 29, 2012 at 3:19 AM

#
I don't read things that share my nickname, Josh. You know that.

Posted on March 29, 2012 at 3:53 AM

#
Taking a mans heart is complete dickery.
Law can go to hell for all I care.

Posted on March 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM

#
This was interesting. Is the new guy Vegapunk or is he someone else? He makes me think of Cousin It.

Posted on March 30, 2012 at 6:18 PM

#
Taking a mans heart is complete dickery.
Law can go to hell for all I care.
It sounds like he took more than one man's heart...

It sounds like you've got a case of the love-hates.
This was interesting. Is the new guy Vegapunk or is he someone else? He makes me think of Cousin It.
That's one of my biggest questions right now. Im of the opinion he's just a filler enemy, he sorta looks the type.

Posted on March 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM

#
The Ancient Kingdom.
A prosperous and powerful kingdom that was destroyed 800 years ago by the 20 countries that now form the World Government.

Pluton, Poseidon, Ouranos. The three great weapons of the Ancient Kingdom.
We know for a fact that one of these weapons are alive and well.
Since the mermaid princess, Shirahoshi, turned out to be Poseidon.

The Will of D. The inherited will... Inherited from who? From where?

Joy Boy, the man who with the help of Poseidon tried to raise Noah, but for some reason failed, or broke his promise with Fishman Island.

The Void century, the 100 years of history which it is forbidden to study.

Gol D. Roger. The deceased Pirate King, able to hear "the voice of all things".

Monkey D. Luffy. The next Pirate King.

This concludes what we actually know.
Here's my theory:

I believe that the things listed above are all connected.

Joy Boy live 800 years ago. Poseidon lived 800 years ago, yet Poseidon lives today and is a 16 year old, whiny princess.

Poseidon is an inherited power.

Joy Boy tried, and failed to raise Noah with the help of Poseidon. Why? Because he got word of that his kingdom, the Ancient Kingdom, was under attack by no less than 20 other foreign powers.
He had to run and try to fight back, to rescue his country. He failed. And 800 years later, Noah still rests on the bottom of the ocean floor.

Gol D. Roger, the Pirate King, laughed at the title the World had given him. Pirate King... He was just a free man.
Roger, the man who conquered the Grand Line, made it to Raftel, the final island of the New World.
What if Raftel is..... the Ancient Kingdom?

No one except Roger has been there, as far as we know. Whitebeard was never interested in One Piece, why would he go there?
Roger could hear the Voice of all things. He couldn't read the Poneglyphs. He listened to them whispering to him.

Before his death, Roger told Whitebeard the meaning of the D.

Whitebeard, right before his passing, told Marshall D. Teach:
Whitebeard wrote:
You're not one of them. The men that Roger was waiting for is a very rare few.. but not you Teach... You are not one of them.

Inherited will. The will of D.

The men and women carrying the D are all very charismatic.
They are strong.They fear nothing. They even smile in the face of Death.
Roger had a grin on his face when he was executed.
Ace passed away with hole in his body and a smile on his face.
Luffy almost seemed to welcome it, when he thought he was beyond saving in the hands of Buggy the Clown.

Teach...... Teach...........
Marshall D. Teach wrote:
I don't want to die!

Uh... oops.. Turns out ol' man Whitebeard was right, huh Teach?

Since the very beginning, we've known that Luffy will become the Pirate King.
I mean... it's right there. Go read chapter 2, if you don't believe me.

Sea Kings wrote:
Our strength is your strength. We were called by you. And we lent him our power.

...............................Wait... What?!
The Sea Kings were called by Shirahoshi, to aid Luffy in not letting Noah crush Fishman Island.
Aaw~ How nice of them.

Oh, sorry, did you have more to say?
Sea Kings wrote:
This ship was made for us to pull.

Wait... I recognize this..
Sea Kings wrote:
Was I imagining it or... That human with the hat.. He picked up our voices. That happened a while ago too.
Roger wrote:
Who is it?! Who's talking here at the bottom of the sea?!

...Wow.
Luffy.... I think Luffy.... has the power to hear the voice of all things.
Sea Kings wrote:
I wonder if they can fix it.... It'd be nice if they could. Before the time of the promise.

Repair? Promise?!
Joy Boys promise?!
They want to try and raise it again?!
But who could possibly do that?

Luffy... will reach Raftel. Luffy will hear more stuff he can't explain. He will hear voice of all things.
He will learn the true history of the world.... of the Ancient Kingdom.

The will of D. Inherited will. Professor Clover was shot dead before he could say.... something... a name..? A name of what?

D?

I think... the will of D. Is the will of the ancient kingdom. A kingdom that has a name that begins with D.
We know that the Ancient Weapons, the Weapons of this country, are not just ships. It can be living things as well.
Like a Mermaid. Or a human.

Joy Boy was an ancient weapon. Joy Boy was Ouranos.
Shirahoshi inherited Poseidon.
And Luffy... Inherited Ouranos.

Monkey D. Luffy is the third Ancient weapon. The man Roger was waiting for. The man who will be the Pirate King. The man who will raise Noah.. No, Pluton, from the sea floor. The man who will rid the world of the tyrannical rule of the Tenryuubito.

The man who will make the world.. Men, fishmen and mermen alike, truly free.

Discuss.

Posted on April 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

#
Hmmmmm

Makes sense to me. But what part do the ships play? It has been shown that, to some degree, these ancient weapons correlate with ships. I still feel like I need more data before I can really jump into any theory crafting on this, though.

Posted on April 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM

#
Yes! That is the hard part. What use is Noah to Luffy?
Haven't quite figured that part out yet.

Posted on April 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM

#
I dont know.

There's also the question as to why a purportedly peaceful country would need weapons capable of destroying the world.

Posted on April 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM

#
First Previous Page 1 2 3 of 13 Next Last