Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

One Piece Manga - Punch your problems away! in Anime & Manga

I think Josh means, aside from the clothing, that his ability is a bit broken when all you have to do is pull out a heart without even touching the opponent. Plus we have no idea of his alignment, but he seems like the type to just do what he wants to do.

Posted on April 5, 2012 at 6:59 PM

#
But really, not knowing the limitations of a person's ability is pretty common in One Piece. That goes for all the other Supernovas as well except of course Zoro and Luffy. And the fact that his alignment is unknown shouldn't be seen as a bad thing. All in all, I feel he's kinda shrouded in mystery right now, and every time we see him we get to know a bit more. I like that.

Plus, I really dig his character design.

edited by Dape on April 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Posted on April 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM

#
Oh, I like Law, don't doubt that. I like the mystery behind, but right now he seems broken - just like Blackbeard. We just got to wait for someone to unbrake it.

Posted on April 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM

#
I don't know. I like his mystery and I like how he does things and I think his power is cool enough o,o The operation room is good and well no flashy movements I guess but I take that as a good thing xD
And dunno. I rly like Law, BB never made me like him that much at first xD

Posted on April 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM

#
His power has to have some kind of disadvantage, otherwise he's way to OP. The only way I see someone without a lugia or Buggy ability could beat him is by a sneak attack.

Posted on April 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM

#
His personality is normal, too. Zoro is unique and endearing, he has his flaws, he has his strengths, and he's funny. Law is just... a guy. He annoys me most because he's "the guy" that's in every single Japanese story, "the guy" that One Piece has never had before. He's that cool, calm, guy, who has unclear motives, he's "deep" because he's "mysterious." Sasuke. Byakuya (and every other Bleach character). Hajime Saito. Hiei.

Posted on April 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

#
I like all of the characters you listed (haven't watched Bleach, so don't know about that one) so, yeah. I like that type of character I guess. I don't see anything wrong with a "cool, calm guy".

Posted on April 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM

#
No. Sasuke was never that guy to me. Byakuya... Neither. The rest I don't remember/haven't seen respectively.
Everyone has a past. Robin had a past too that a longgg time passed before we knew what it was. Not everyone just comes out straightforward and tells you what's going on. And rly since when Sasuke was a mysterious person and I missed that? lol

Posted on April 5, 2012 at 8:08 PM

#
I'm not trying to say that those characters are actually mysterious or deep, just that they give the impression that there's more than meets the eye, but it's almost always stupid. With Sasuke, it seems like he's got this inner turmoil and that somehow makes up for the fact he's as flat as a plank.

Law may have something else hidden away about his past that makes him less of a flat character, but it would have to be pretty incredible for me to change my mind.

Posted on April 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM

#
BYZ3U.png

Posted on April 16, 2012 at 7:50 PM

#
I found a Blackbeard theory on reddit that suggests his primary devil fruit is in fact a Zoan - Chimera.

This would mean he has multiple creatures/people "inside" of him, which would allow him to take on multiple fruits.

Primary evidence for this can be found in the thread:
http://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/qsvrh/blackbeards_fruits/c406ixv
and then here
http://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/scbo9/what_is_blackbeard_a_man_a_hybrid_orspoiler/

But, in summation...

3 skulls on his flag - why? Shows significance of multiplicity.
Shanks and others talking about his unusual body. Shanks' scar is from Blackbeard, and it was received before Luffy knew him. Shanks fought Blackbeard toe to toe, apparently, and if anyone is capable of forcing him to bring out a secret ability, it's Shanks.
The real Blackbeard had three names - Edward Teach, Edward Thatch, and Blackbeard. Thatch was the name of the man our Blackbeard killed for the Yami Yami no mi. Edward Newgate is of course Whitebeard. Buncha people with Blackbeard-inspired names end up associated with our Blackbeard! Hardly evidence, but there's often some reasoning to Oda's name choices.

edited by Joshura on April 17, 2012 at 4:04 AM

Posted on April 17, 2012 at 3:52 AM

#
This theory isn't exactly new, but it is interesting. When I heard it the first time, the theory was that his fruit was a Cerberus fruit, but seeing as Cerberus is a chimera, it makes more sense to call it that. That link poses a stupid (imo) question at the end though, asking how many people BB has inside of him. He obviously doesn't absorb people, the zoan fruit this theory talks about simply gives his body the ability to posses more than one fruit.

Still, I don't see how this chimera fruit would give BB the ability to remove WB's DF power from his body and take it for himself. Granted, I haven't read up on my Greek lore so I don't know if there's any mythology about the chimera that could explain this, but I think the removal of WB's power has something to do with something completely different than a zoan fruit. Maybe a technique or invention made by Vegapunk, maybe a new application of Haki, I don't know.

Posted on April 17, 2012 at 4:07 AM

#
Interesting theory!
Dape, I'm actually guessing that the theft of WB's fruit is actually the Yami Yami No Mi's doing. It sucks the devil fruit powers out of IE Ace or anyone he fights. All fruits have different kinds of applications depending on how you decide to use them (gear 2nd is not a given ability from being a rubberman). Im pretty much convinced that He's just using his darkness in a way that needs to be explained further by Oda). On the Zoan Chimera thing though, im intrigued. This could be rather cool if it were true, and a lot of small shreads of information definitely point in that direction or similar, in a total Oda-like style.

Posted on April 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM

#
Oh yeah, of course, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Yeah, that sounds very likely.

Posted on April 17, 2012 at 3:12 PM

#
Brain Freeze can happen to anyone ;)

Posted on April 17, 2012 at 6:34 PM

#
Shanks knows -something- about Blackbeard that isn't immediately apparent.

Posted on April 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

#
I have been thinking a bit about Zoros new outfit and looks. He kinda resembels Rayleigh a bit. The scar especially. I still want to know how he got that scar.

Posted on April 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM

#
I still wanna know if he really lost his eye, or just walks around with one closed, Kempachi-style.

Posted on April 20, 2012 at 7:30 AM

#
Well I think i read somewhere that he didnt loose it. But I think it just was a rumor.

Edit: Found a interesting video about Sabo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6utHNPS6oaU&feature=related

edited by Muri on April 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Posted on April 20, 2012 at 7:32 AM

#
Interesting indeed. But people are saying that Databook Green says he actually died - maybe the treatment failed?

Posted on April 20, 2012 at 8:00 PM

#