Register |
Forgot password?

Space! in Off-Topic

On a side note you can also see mercury doing the same thing in 4 years but i belive that one is impossible without telescope :)

Yes you will need a telescope for that one. :)

Posted on June 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I saw it! Very briefly! It was cloudy :(

Posted on June 7, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Venus transits always come in pairs 8 years apart. Of course, the one that was now was paired with the one back in 2004.

Posted on June 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM

What's the next space event?

Posted on June 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Nothing that big until August which is the Perseid Meteor shower, most of the stuff going on in the next few months are planet alignments with stars, and certain constellations meeting with planets, all things that happen normally, nothing really exciting until the end of the year, which I will announce later on when they're closer. But look outside at night anyway, theres always a possibility of seeing something none of us will see. :)

Posted on June 13, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Posted on June 23, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Okay so the most notable thing going on in the sky right now is the Moon-Jupiter-Venus-Convergence over the next week. Look to the East in the pre-dawn sky. It's quite beautiful. I stayed up pretty late the other night and got this really crappy image:
Here are some better ones:

Post your pictures if you take any!

Posted on July 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM

great vid about a guy and his telescope :)

Posted on July 18, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Yeah eventually his set up is what I would like. His telescope is nice, he's got a great set up. It takes alot of work to get a great image of deep space items. Nice informational video, thanks for sharing!

Posted on July 19, 2012 at 5:26 AM

A quick update with the first moon of the Month. This month of August we will have 2 full moons, one currently happening right now (go look outside!) and again at the end of the month on the 31st-called the Blue Moon, I believe we won't see another one until 2015.
Full Moon
Close up of Moon

Also August 11-12th is the Perseids Meteor Shower which can be seen in the constellation Perseus, although just looking all over the sky your going to see many. About 100 meteors per hour. Should be a good show with a thin sliver of a crescent moon this year!
So take a chair outside, and enjoy the show. :)

Posted on August 2, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Awesome pics Sintar. I'm always looking forward to see your latest endeavors

Posted on August 3, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Thank you very much Plato!

Posted on August 3, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Perseid meteor shower toNITE! Why doesn't my boyfriend like this stuff? What a lame-o. I'll be counting by myself.

Posted on August 12, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Aww that sucks, it's so much fun to watch fireballs and small meteors burn up in the atmosphere! Well enjoy and Clear skies!!

Posted on August 12, 2012 at 4:24 AM

Rest in peace Neil Armstrong. :c Before I grew old enough to realize that I would never make it as an astronaut, he was one of my heroes.

Posted on August 27, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Yeah, he was fantastic.

I met Buzz Aldrin once. That team, and really everyone involved in the Apollo missions are heroes.

Posted on August 27, 2012 at 5:03 AM

Don't forget peeps on the 30th of this month (August) the Blue Moon will sine brightly. A Blue Moon is in reference to the second full moon within 1 full month. The next time we all will be able to see this is 2015. So howl at it like you're a big bad wolf! Ahhhwooo!

Posted on August 29, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Anyone else find Arcturus kind of creepy? Sittin' all low and close-looking, disappearing after a bit. I see it on my way to work most mornings and always end up staring at it. I probably shouldn't do that while I drive.

Posted on August 30, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Haha yeah probably not a good idea while driving. Yeah Arcturus is the brightest star north of the equator and the fourth brightest star in the sky. Arcturus is easy to find, near the handle of the big dipper in the constellation Bootes (I don't know how to do the dots above bootes lol). The early morning sky is absolutely gorgeous right now.

Posted on August 30, 2012 at 7:12 AM

How is it that you see it on your way to work in the mornings? Are you really driving before dawn?

Posted on August 30, 2012 at 2:58 PM