Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Final Fantasy (Series) in Video Games

So, if you haven't heard of the Final Fantasy series yet, I immediately have to force you to read this Wikipedia article.

finalfantasy.jpg

Final Fantasy has been such a long-running role-playing game series in the history of gaming, so it definitely deserves its own thread here. Currently the newest game in the series that came out was Final Fantasy XIII-2, a sequel to Final Fantasy XIII. There's been a few sequels and online games in the history of Final Fantasy, but most of the Final Fantasy games are single-player, each having their own unique world and plot.

Questions to get us started here:

What are your first thoughts of the upcoming Final Fantasy Versus XIII? (Trailer is in Japanese):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8

I think that their approach with trying to make more realistic-looking environments and a darker atmosphere might make this a unique experience to play :D

What was your favorite Final Fantasy game?

I will never love any other Final Fantasy game more than Final Fantasy IX, which was also my first FF game :D

Your favorite Final Fantasy character?

Hoping to get some discussion started ^_^

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 1:54 PM

#

I still haven't played FFXII

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM

#
I refuse to get excited for FFXIII Versus until I hear any wind of a release year! 2006 doesn't seem like a long time ago, but I was hyped back then. We haven't seen hardly any footage since... 2010? And apparently the game has taken an overhaul since then... As I said before, just ignore this title until a trailer comes out then hope for more. Hopefully it releases in six years!

Posted on March 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

#
Let's see, i have
FFIV (actually towards the end of finishing it I think)
FFVII
FFVII Crisis Core
FFVIII (still playing it xD)
FFIX (haven't played it yet)
FFX
FFX-2
FFXII
FF Dissidia
FF Dissidia Duodecim

My fav game is and will always will be X xD It was my first ff game (it was staring at me in a game store and I couldn't resist) and I just love it so much<3 Then it's VII Crisis Core (cause I love Zack! Plain and simple!) and the one I hate is XII. Worst main character selection EVER in the history of games (... I don't rly know much but I'll say Vaan is near the bottom) and worst character development. So yeah, pretty much hated it xD

I was actually VERY hyped up abt FFvsXIII but not anymore tbh. Almost a full year ago when I learnt abt it, I could hardly wait for it but then I just started thinking abt FFXIII and how THAT isn't good and thinking the story vsXIII has and now my expectations are rly low xD I hope the game won't disappoint me though <3

Fav char... hmmm. I love Tidus I guess but to get away from the main chars I'll say Zack (like he isn't kinda main himself xD) and Jecht, Tidus' father (I just ADORE that guy xD And the actual reason is the Dissidia games . We saw more sides of him there and he's so damn nice ;o;). I also have a special soft for Cid from VII cause well my reasons xD (AND he was the one to pwn Sephy at the end!)

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 7:23 AM

#
My favorite game was probably FFXI online, because thats where I met a lot of people who are on here :3 other then that...12, 13, and 13-2 play wise, and character wise, FF7

Favorite final fantasy characters are Sephiroth, Auron, Rikku, Cid Highwind, Vincent Valentine, Snow Villiers, Sazh Katzroy, Wakka, Kain Highwind, Bash, Balthier, Fran...and my adorable elves in the online ones hahah!

...im sure theres more favorites im forgetting...i love final fantasy characters XD

edited by Jax on April 2, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 8:08 AM

#
hmm...

FF (the first... for the NES)
FFVI
FFVII
FFVIII
FFIX
FFX
FFXII

those are the ones i own a physical copy of.
my favorite is probably VI . with VII & IX on close second.

edited by Plato on April 2, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM

#
I think I own all of them in some form but Final Fantasy Tactics is the single FF I've beaten, and that's not even "traditional" gameplay..I resubscribed to FFXIV yesterday though! I love MMO's and I want it to be great, but it'll take time.

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM

#
I have a special place in my heart for FF series.
Mine and Lao's very favorite one is X. I watched him play this every single time he played it. We watched the animations together and fell in love!
Here's my list tho-
X/XI/*X-2/IX/VIII/VII/I/II (*Mostly for the perfect ending of course)
I did not like 13, the battle system was terrible imo. And 12 was too damn short, but still good.
11 will always have a tender spot in my heart. We met some pretty incredible people on there, I wish I had time to play an MMO again, but it just won't happen.
Fav Characters:
Auron
Jecht
Yuna
Rikku
Tifa
Vincent
Lulu
(I only liked Cloud in AC-cuz he was hot, but than again, everyone is hot in that movie haha)

edited by Sintar on April 3, 2012 at 6:08 AM

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 6:05 AM

#

You must be logged in to post in the forums.