Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Kingdom Hearts in Video Games

First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last
KH2-kingdom-hearts-2-4508470-1024-698.jpg
First, allow me to welcome you to this thread! Coming here, I instantly assume you are interested in Kingdom Hearts (and if you aren't, you should!) so you are a good friend of mine ^-^

Second, as you can guess, this thread is devoted solely to the Kingdom Hearts series and all of its games! You can comment on anything you want but be aware of the spoilers. I can't really handle what people are allowed to say here since there are a lot of things to say and/or hide so be careful when reading here.

The story is about Sora getting seperated by his friends Riku and Kairi from Destiny Islands and finds himself into another world where he decides to help Donald and Goofy finding King Mickey along with searching for his friends but also locking the worlds' keyholes thus saving them from darkness. But many adventures lie on their way as new enemies come along and even though he finds his friends, they get seperated again with the promise of meeting again. The story gets more complicated with the appearance of Organization XIII and their manipulation over Roxas and some light is shed in the backstory of the saga. After many hardships, we are finally near the end of ending everyone's pain and restoring what was once there~

GAMES:

(Chronologically order)

Birth By Sleep
logo.jpg
The story begins in the Land of Departure, where three Keyblade wielders and close friends—Terra, Aqua, and Ventus (more commonly known as Ven)—train to become Keyblade Masters but fate and accidents complicate their lives leaving them imprisoned in Master Xehanort's plans.

Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom_Hearts_logo.png
Revolving around a fourteen-year old boy named Sora, it details his adventures after his homeworld is destroyed by sinister creatures known as the Heartless, and his attempts to restore his world and reunite with his friends. In the process, he meets many characters from classic Disney films and a handful from the Final Fantasy video game series.

Re:Chain of Memories
big-kingdom-hearts-re-chain-of-memories-ost.jpg
Sora, Donald and Goofy walk down a long path that seemingly goes nowhere. They see Pluto and start to follow him. He leads them to a crossroads. While deciding which path to take, a mysterious man in a black cloak approaches Sora and speaks to him, but at that moment his words are incomprehensible. The path becomes one and it leads them to Castle Oblivion. What can happen when to lose means to remember and to remember to lose?

358/2 Days
358DaysLogo.png
It's parallel to Chain of Memories. focuses on the life of Roxas between the end of Kingdom Hearts and the beginning of Kingdom Hearts II, exploring the time from Roxas's creation until his confrontation with Riku that leads to his placement in the simulated Twilight Town.

Kingdom Hearts II
Kh2logo0.jpg
Sora and his companions have been asleep for about a year, regaining their memories. When Sora awakens, he eventually arrives in Twilight Town, the place where a mysterious boy, Roxas, lived before he suddenly left. Sora continues his quest by unlocking paths to new worlds, learning of Nobodies and fighting the Heartless, as well as facing the remaining members of the mysterious Organization XIII.

Re:Coded
sdskjhslogo.jpg
While organizing the records in Jiminy's journal from his travels with Sora and his friends, Jiminy Cricket's curiosity about the line "Thank Naminé" results in him finding a message that he did not write: "We must return to free them from their torment." To investigate this message, King Mickey digitizes the contents of the journal and goes into the simulated world to investigate; awakening a virtual Data-Sora on the virtual Destiny Islands to carry out the contents of the journal to uncover the identity of "them".

3D: Dream Drop Distance
-Waiting to be released in english-

Here you can ramble on about anything you want to say about the games as long it doesn't offend others ^^ Currently it's the hype of the 3D japanese release (which I try to avoid spoilers till the english version is out so don't mind if I don't add pics and stuff yet xD;). There are also rumous abt bbsv2! So start \o/ You can share pictures, opinions, videos and whatever you think it's relevant ^-^

edited by PP on May 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Posted on April 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM

#
If they aren't gonna make a KH3 for the PS3 imma go berserk :DD

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 12:11 AM

#
OHGAWD THAT ENDING TO DREAM DROP DISTANCE!

Also, I hope BbS Vol. 2 happens soon... I mean, it's not like a rumor it was flat out stated as existing at the end of BbS Final Mix.

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM

#
If they aren't gonna make a KH3 for the PS3 imma go berserk :DD

Oh no, they need to do that! Not releasing KH3 for the PS3 would be the weirdest thing ever!

I've only played KH1 and KH2 because I don't own any of those other weird consoles that they want me to buy to be able to play the other games. Which is sad, 'cause I feel like I'm missing a lot of the story =(
But I am so much looking forward to the next installment in the main franchise. KH is awesome.

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 3:59 AM

#
OHGAWD THAT ENDING TO DREAM DROP DISTANCE!

Also, I hope BbS Vol. 2 happens soon... I mean, it's not like a rumor it was flat out stated as existing at the end of BbS Final Mix.

Well it's not like we had any actual news though! And tbh, I can't rly see what it could have! BBS pretty much explained fine the story. Even if there were some gaps there aren't that many to make a 2nd game so I prefer thinking it as a rumour till we get something solid xD And ''soon" in KH series.... can be like years xD

And ofc there'll be a kh3 for ps3 \o/ In like 4-5 years \o/ (if all things go well with ffvs13). I'm just wondering if we'll be getting a ps4 by then! xD

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 7:11 AM

#

Oh no, they need to do that! Not releasing KH3 for the PS3 would be the weirdest thing ever!

I've only played KH1 and KH2 because I don't own any of those other weird consoles that they want me to buy to be able to play the other games. Which is sad, 'cause I feel like I'm missing a lot of the story =(
But I am so much looking forward to the next installment in the main franchise. KH is awesome.

But they are already hinting towards making it... ;D The team is first working on FF Versus XIII though, so might take a while if they're ever gonna make it >.>

And lol I thought I was the only one :p I would love to play the other games but what's with all the consoles they want me to buy :(

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 9:05 AM

#
Everyone knows there's gonna be a kh3 xD Thinking we won't get it is.... plain weird xD We knew that since years ago xD Get yer facts straight!

And hey, there are always emus to get! Emu for ds is rly easy too!! xD

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

#
Kingdom Hearts is one of those games where I'm not terribly excited when I hear about it but when a new one comes out then I get really hyped..I still have to beat birth by sleep and both ds games, but I might skip those two. I'd love to see what it'd be like on PS3. At least the 3ds game is coming out soonish! Looks pretty good.

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 5:37 PM

#
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/04/05/kingdom-hearts-3d-and-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-north-american-release-dates-announced/

Dream Drop Distance release date is July 31st for North America.

Posted on April 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM

#
Oh hooray \o/ Though I knew that from the unofficial announcement xD But woosh \o/

Also today kh3D will be in Famitsu today and some snippets are out since liek 2-3 days ago!

Speaking about the tenth anniversary of the Kingdom Hearts series with Famitsu, Tetsuya Nomura said the next game will complete Xehanort’s chapter. Nomura talked about Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. He said he dreamt of giving the game analog control.

So according to this, the next game should be KH3 since it's gonna be the end of everything. But also, notice the "chapter" part? I knew they were thinking of making another saga after this one had been completed but I guess this just shows they are thinking it more seriously?
Either way, when more stuff is out, I'll tel lyou guys :D

Posted on April 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM

#
So the interview was out but I'm only gonna post the interesting stuff which for me was only 1 question xD;

DUN DUN DUN
Q9. Now 10 years later, what do you think has become of Kingdom Hearts?

Q9. It isn’t finished yet, huh.

Nomura: At that time, I figured by the time I was 50 years old I wouldn’t be able to work like I did then, so I took a slow pace. (Wry laughter.) The Xehanort saga will end in the next one, but it’s not necessarily completely over. When I finish it, I want to “close” the story completely, so no one could make a continuation of it. I’m thinking of a way to end it so there is no room to continue it.

While there doesn’t seem to be any details about how he will end it, he seems to have an image to some degree of how it will happen. The recently released title on sale now is the next episode in the Xehanort saga centering around Master Xehanort. I wonder when something relating to Kingdom Hearts 3, which will assumably be the final chapter, will be shown? Attentive fans will want to play Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance first and check on the secret movie.

It just makes me wonder the way he says it cause kh3 should finish everything right? He doesn't have to say that. Though I guess he wants to emphasize the meaning of no continuation but it just makes me wonder if he has any plans in mind for something else!

edited by PP on April 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Posted on April 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM

#
OK SO! We have anothr interview by Nomura! He says some interesting stuff abt the future of the series!

AWESOME STUFF
-- Does the "Secret Message Unlocked" in KH3D hint at KHIII?

Nomura: About that, I'll leave it to your imagination. Well, you'll get the answer for that later.

-- Does the last light from the credits form "III"?

Nomura: I can't tell the details. I made that out as a way of giving my secret message.

-- KH3D FM?

Nomura: Maybe in a few years, but no plans for it right now. The Osaka team is really busy. \(^o^)/

-- Is BbS Volume 2 = BbS2?

Nomura: I used "A Fragmentary Passage" without regard to its context. What I mean is, there's a story for Volume Two, without using that scene. I can't say there isn't a possibility of making it, but there are no plans for it right now.

-- The Mysterious KH = 3D?

Nomura: We interrupted titles in 3D, and we haven't reopened that discussion yet.

- There are lots of familiar characters among those hidden by the black coat on the seats at "Where Nothing Gathers".

- There are hopes of using Pixar titles.

- Can't talk about time, but the new KH Series Title is already being worked on. There may be a possibility of announcements of some sort shortly.

So from THAT info, we can all safely assume there'll be ANOTHER game before kh3 xD He's being way too secretive and a team is already working on a title which shouldn't be possible cause of FFVS13. So that must mean it's not the main series team but some other (Name is Team Osaka)!
I HAVE mixed feelings abt this to be honest. I adore kh so I'm more than happy to get more games xD But then I just wonder how many sides games will this story have XD BUT I'm not rly surprised. I was already wondering what would they do with the gap of 3D to kh3 since kh3 won't be out for at least 4 years. Well now we know! Let's hope it worths it!

Also for now, no 3DFM and no BBSv2 that was talked abt a lot and no mysterious KH (who noone rly knew abt lol). I could care less abt FM since I can't get my hands on it but abt BBSv2... I was waiting for it :c Though mainly cause I was curious as to what it would entail. I think first BBS was enough to show the past xD

ANDDDD! Maybe we'll have Pixar worlds in the future games =D Let's hope for that (cool Disney words start to run out my friend!)

Lastly, I read 3D was rated PG in Australia... It makes me sad! I know KH isn't rly for grown ups only but still~ PG... At least it's something better than G!

Well, that's the news for now, folks! Hope you are excited cause I sure am =D FINALLY some proper news (well proper! Better than nothing! xD)!

Posted on May 2, 2012 at 9:14 AM

#
I feel like I'm missing a lot of the story having only played KH1 & 2 xD And I'm definitely gonna buy KH3 when it comes out sometime in the future, but I'm starting to have second thoughts since there's been so many games in-between that I haven't played, so I feel I might go super-wtf mode when starting KH3 O.O

Posted on May 9, 2012 at 8:11 PM

#
Haha xD You can rly just read abt some of the games xD Till now, the only thing that tells you what kh3 is going to be abt, is BBS~ So either try to play that or just read more or less what happens in it <: Abt 3D... I don't know much abt it but I guess considering it's after kh2 time-wise and is considered to be the prologue of the ed of Xehanort saga, it proly has some value in the main story yeah. Days and Coded can rly be left out (though I ADORE Days but it doesn't rly affect the story as you know it)

Also, I heard some disturbing rumors abt kh3 not being on ps3 but on the next generation console like ps4 or something (which as I searched is proly coming out in arnd 8 months at least and it's debatable if it's going to have backwards compatibility) which just makes me wanna cry cause it'll cost a fortune... I hope I'll have a rich bf by then 8D

IN OTHER NEWS, Nomura has stated these things!

- The fragmentary texts that appear in the secret movie in 3D are tied to the story of Kingdom Hearts, however there is no telling whether it will be explored hereafter. (He avoids saying whether or not it relates to the secret movie of Birth by Sleep Final Mix.)

- (Will the next title finally be KH3?) “I’ll leave that up to you.”

- (The next title…) “Maybe it’ll be something unexpected akin to a ‘fast ball’.”

- It’ll be something “lightweight”, but he is refraining to divulge the unannounced title.

So I guess the mysterious game that is being developed, proly won't be of great importance. I'm ok with that. How much more info are we going to get before the actual main game appears? >.> But then again it's a pity to see it as a game like Coded :v Kinda useless :v

edited by PP on May 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Posted on May 10, 2012 at 9:05 AM

#
You know me! I'm coming back every time we get news abt KH future!!
There as an interview in the official guidebook for 3D with Nomura and I'm not posting all of it, only the interesting stuff <:

interview
— Now we would like to ask a few questions about the future of the KH series. First of all, if you get the letters ‘Secret Message Unlocked’ in the credits for this title you can read a message in the Keyword Glossary. The English letters there surely mean we can hope for KH3 next?

Nomura: I will leave that to your imaginations. Well, you’ll know the answer soon, I suppose.

— At the end of the credits, when Sora and Riku go into the light, the shape of the light looks like a III…

Nomura: I can’t go into detail, but you could think of it as a secret message from me.

— Pixar has many wonderful titles, and we’d love to see them appear. Finally, when will next play a new Kingdom Hearts game?

Nomura: I still can’t say when, but various developments have already started regarding a new title in the Kingdom Hearts series.

— More than one?!

Nomura: I am sure we’ll be able to make some kind of announcement when the time is right, so in the meantime I’d like you to keep playing KH3D. There’s a high degree of freedom in the play style and the story is full of mysteries, so I would be very pleased if you tried playing on a high level of difficulty and investigating the plot. Also, the mini game ‘Flick Rush’ is pretty exciting, so please give it a try.

Again, it's pretty safe to assume KH3 is NOT going to be the next game BUT what is interesting is that there may be MORE than 1 game till KH3. Well look at that c:
I wonder how soon is his soon! We heard soon for FFVS13 but look at how SOON that is >.>

edited by PP on May 12, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Posted on May 12, 2012 at 5:58 AM

#
;o;

I really don't understand why they aren't working on KH3.

Posted on May 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM

#
The team that they use for consoles are working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII first announced in 2006 and has since seen revamps in gameplay and graphics. Hell, the trailer we got a few years ago has said to be an outdated version of the game and I would've bought it then (it looked just like an HD Kingdom Hearts with FFXIII graphics). So until that production eases up or finishes, I think were stuck with spin-offs.

Posted on May 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM

#
^ What OP said basically! It'd be either 4-5 years with nothing to talk abt but petty info for kh3 or 4-5 years with a couple games to be busy with until it comes out :3 As long they are nice additions (and NOT in new consoles PLEASE T.T) I'm good. It's not like they take time from kh3 since dif teams are working on each <:

Posted on May 13, 2012 at 5:40 AM

#
So the North America trailer came out and here it is

IMPRESSIONS: THE VOICES ARE WEIRD! I can see that the VAs haven't actually changed (at least according to the site I'm getting my kh news on) BUT everyone agrees that most voices are rly off so it's not just me xD I did actually think though that the VAs got changed. Apparently not! Joshua's voice (since he's a TWEWY chara and not a KH one)... has A WRONG voice /o/ He sounded way more badass in his game! Though he did speak a lot more less BUT THIS girly? Joshuaaa... T.T
Also there are a lot of mistranslations kinda sooo we'll see. I can't say the trailer made me excited /o\ Wrong voices ruin it for me.

edited by PP on May 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Posted on May 15, 2012 at 5:46 AM

#
It sounds like they tried to age Sora's voice a bit, but it sounds awkward. Guess we'll have to get used to it. I can still tell it's Osmett, so they might have just had bad voice direction.

Riku is the same case. It's like they told them to sound more 'lively' in a way. Or perhaps more generic. He sounds closer than Sora does to his old voice. Maybe it has something to do with how long it's been since they recorded?

Posted on May 15, 2012 at 7:46 AM

#
First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last