Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

General Talk in 

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead

Filename: plugins/modifier.capitalize.php

Line Number: 26

Off-Topic

that would be good (assassins creed SHALL BE MINE)

Posted on March 28, 2013 at 2:45 AM

#
EXCITING BOSSKEY NEWS just happened and now it's gone. Hey all! It's time to re-invigorate this place!

Posted on April 2, 2013 at 4:03 AM

#
I finally got to witness cherry blossoming in Japan! Also, lots of japanese people on blue mats taking up all the space. Still, it's one more item off my checklist. Not that I actually have a checklist. It's just a saying.

Sitting in a hotel room in Kobe right now. Should probably look for a power cable for my laptop soon. It says 24 more minutes. Also, since it's technically still early in the year, there is no cooling available. Aaaaand the window can't be opened. Aaaand it's hot in here.

Posted on April 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM

#
Hey congratulations on making back it to Japan!

Eat some okonomiyaki for me.

Posted on April 2, 2013 at 12:19 PM

#
I already did back in Hiroshima. They know their okonomiyaki stuff over there.

Posted on April 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM

#
I'm sheddding manly tears right now. Probably even cooler if you click the link, close your eyes and listen without reading the title. I don't know. I didn't get that chance. It's the most awesome metal I've heard in a long time.

youtube.com/watch?v=crEis2EUTlk

edited by Higure on April 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Posted on April 6, 2013 at 8:46 AM

#
Does anyone else ever find that you have a game you want to play, would like to play, but you still don't play it? It just sits there, and there's no reason why you're not playing it other than you're on the Internet surfing reddit.

Posted on April 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM

#
I have it like that with half my current steam catalog, as well as a few ROMs in the shelf by my computer. It's the same with books and a few mangas I have. I want to read them, and they're just sitting there, waiting for me to pick them up. Yet I never do. It's an amazing level of apathy.

Posted on April 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM

#
Right now, it's almost 1 am and I'd really like to read another chapter in this volume of Sandman... but instead I'm surfing reddit.

Incidentally:
wFhjaAw.gif

Posted on April 29, 2013 at 4:51 AM

#
They're being mean to that baby. On the other hand, it needs to learn. I don't know what to think!

And Sandman is awesome. You should go read some right now, even if you might be sleeping.

Posted on April 29, 2013 at 10:13 AM

#
All for a video, how cruel. And I hope they cleaned that glass before they let their baby slobber all over it. ellw.

Posted on April 29, 2013 at 4:59 PM

#
Yo! Suddenly remembered this site again D: How's everybody back from VP doing? Is anyone even here anymore? (apart from Josh)

Posted on April 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM

#
Hey Akuma, glad you've decided to drop by!

Yeah, plenty of VP folks come by regularly. Just a few comments up is Higure, who is Cleite.

How have you been?

Posted on April 30, 2013 at 1:09 PM

#
Right, I keep forgetting I swapped my username and not everyone knows. I've swapped those around a few times over the course of my internetting.

Posted on April 30, 2013 at 6:07 PM

#
Ugh...

I look a test yesterday, failed, badly, 57%. I can't remember ever failing a test that's meant anything. Apparently the average for this test is like 75%, I don't get any information beyond the final score though, so I have no idea where I lost so many points. I left thinking I did rather well too..

Posted on April 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM

#
Ummm...what kind of text was this? Was it one of the fireman tests? Because my ex-boyfriend was a fireman, and he said they are harder than you think they are. He failed a couple himself. He said you come out like a chemist after some of the studies.Good luck next time! Whatever the test was for!

Posted on April 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM

#
Yeah, that was the test. It's not that I expected it to be a walk in the park, but I did the practice test first, and got 90%, reviewed what I got wrong and felt confident after the real test. It's got 3 parts though, and there's only a practice test for the cognitive section. So while I can't imagine I failed the behavioral questions(agree, neutral, disagree type questions), I have no idea how I'm supposed to study to take the test again.

Posted on May 1, 2013 at 7:05 AM

#
Wow, fireman? That would be awesome! Too bad about the test, though. What was lowest passing score?

Speaking of tests, the nursing students here in Norway have a test on dosage calculation, and they need to pass it at least once during the education. Half of them fail each time. To be fair, even though the test is pretty short (I believe they said 20-30 questions, all of them more or less like the sample below) anything below 100% is a fail. It was quite a hot topic last year, as a part of the debate of the level of general education in this country, particularily in science and math.

Sample question
A specific medicine is supposed to be administered in a daily amount of 10mg per kg body weight. It is dissolved in a mixture at 25mg / ml. If a patient weighing 75kg is to be given three equal doses every day, how much mixture is one dose?

edited by Higure on May 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Posted on May 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM

#
Had to get at least 70% to pass.

As for your question. This was more or less the same math that was on this test, 8 questions similar to this one, though fire related instead.
Answer
10ml per dose.

edited by Steel on May 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Posted on May 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM

#
Oh, well. Better luck next time.

I did my tax returns today. The deadline was two days ago. This might cost me some money. I hope it doesn't. People who work there are generally nice guys, right? And yesterday was off anyways. I could always live in the hope.

discussion
Yeah, 10ml would be the answer. I didn't think about it until after I had posted, but you can actually get to the answer with no knowledge of how big any of those units are, since there is no conversion involved. Steel's next.

Posted on May 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM

#