Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

General Talk in Off-Topic

First Previous Page 41 42 43 of 43 Next Last
Josh: Yeah, it's her.

I feel that the movie I most want to see this summer is a toss-up between Pacific Rim, War Z and Sharknado. I don't know if Sharknado will be shown here, though :(

Pool sounds awesome. Too bad the one at my gym (for which I have season pass) is closed this summer. The only public outdoor pool in the city (and frankly, within hours of driving) costs a fortune to enter. Having access to a small pool or jacuzzi in someone's garden sounds like just the thing right now, but I don't have that.

Three days ago I bought this pretty little swedish-developed indie game called Ittle Dew. I beat it in two hours, and have played it for at least 10 more hours since then. It's a 2d dungeon puzzler (think Zelda) designed for speedrunning, with a cartoony art style and (IMO good) childish humor.

Posted on July 15, 2013 at 8:00 PM

#
Sharknado aired on TV here, and I'm sure it won't be hard to watch in some capacity. If you want to see any movie as laughably bad as that most assuredly is, look up anything by the Asylum. They're responsible for a lot of "mockbusters" like Transmorphers and some other crap. Megashark vs Giant Octopus is also a thing that exists.

Have you seen Rogue Legacy at all? It's a 2d metroid-vania rogue-like. Interesting stuff. When you die, you start as the descendant of your previous character (having inherited many of his/her items and loot).

edited by Joshura on July 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Posted on July 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM

#
I will check out Asylum. I always love a good "so bad it's awesome" movie, although it's the kind of movie you really need to watch together with a group of friends.

I did see a short let's play on Rogue Legacy. I wasn't completely sold, and although I liked the concept of respawning with a new character with different skills each time you die (which seems to be often), I am trying to keep my money to myself. I have way too many good games waiting to be played already.

Posted on July 16, 2013 at 12:08 AM

#
So my family and I took a trip to Yosemite National Park in California-it's about a 5 hour drive from our house. Here are some pictures I took with my new DSLR!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92879329@N00/9471109020/
Half-Dome Panorama

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92879329@N00/9468326115/
Glacier Point

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92879329@N00/9471186932/
Tenaya Lake

We're heading back to Yosemite next week since we got a 7 day pass! :)

Posted on August 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM

#
OMG!!! I had to tell everyone because I really didn't think I would ever get it, but I got picked for Beta testing of Elder Scrolls Online!!!! So excited!

Posted on August 14, 2013 at 2:40 AM

#
Congratulations, Sintar! I really want in too, but I don't think it'll work out. At any rate I'm really looking forward to it coming out. Don't know if I'll be able to find time to play when it happens, but I'll try hard.

In other news, I'm moving in with my girlfriend. Or rather, I have been moving for a week and a half. We had first night in the apartment now, though, so it feels kind of official. Lots of delays, starting with having to wait a whole day extra for key handoff because the landlord (it's official student housing, so I don't know if "landlord" is the right term...) hadn't finished cleaning, then even more as it turned out they still hadn't cleaned the shelves and closets, so nothing could be put away when we got there. The apartment is at the moment full of plates and clothes and other stuff, just waiting for somewhere clean to call their new home.

Also, IKEA said last week they didn't have the right mattress, but they would get it on friday (that was). Then they still hadn't gotten it yesterday, so another one was bought. It is not made easier by neither me or my girlfriend ever having any time before 4-5 pm.

Right now I'm not very happy with our landlord who not only didn't clean properly, but then has the gall to put twice as much as they promised on the electricity bill. When we have barely touched anything electrical for the entire time we've had the apartment. Of course their offices are open only when I'm working, so I can't go there and yell at them in person.

Posted on August 14, 2013 at 4:06 PM

#
How fun! I remember mine and Lao's first apartment! Good times! I hope you get everything figured out for the electricity bill. I will tell you that here in the States electric companies love to charge you for your highest rate from the previous year in the same month. I go out of town alot, my husband and I travel all the time and we are gone for weeks at a time. And when we get back our bill shows as if we've been home with every light on for a whole month! We yell at them, they lower it a little then they raise it again. It sucks. So....have fun! Being an Adult sucks in that respect. lol

Posted on August 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM

#
Congratulations, Arthur! It sounds like things are going really great with that lady of yours.

Can't wait to see your mega-tall kids.

Posted on August 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM

#
First Previous Page 41 42 43 of 43 Next Last

You must be logged in to post in the forums.