Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Game of Thrones - Remember.. winter is coming. in 

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead

Filename: plugins/modifier.capitalize.php

Line Number: 26

TV & Movies

First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last
Alright, people! Season 2 of Game of Thrones finally premiered last night and after an outstanding and faithful first season, I'm excited to see it back on the air! "What's Game of Thrones?" you might ask? Well, Game of Thrones is HBO's TV adaptation of George R. R. Martin's novel series "A Song of Ice and Fire" about the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros and the fate of numerous characters in the face of intrigue, turmoil and rising threats. And that's not all, for in a time long forgotten, a preternatural event threw the seasons out of balance, so that summers can last decades and winters a lifetime. And after a summer longer than any in living memory, winter is coming..

UZDAw.jpg

This thread is predominantly aimed at the TV series and if you're reading this, it's assumed you will be up to date with the latest episode. However, if you have read the books, please use spoiler tags for anything that goes beyond the scope of the series.

So, feel free to discuss or speculate about what you've seen so far! Did you enjoy the season 2 premiere?

edited by Bunnybee on April 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM

#
First epi was good :D
I'm rly just waiting till the war comes and hits Joffrey's door /o/ That bish /o/
And also just wondering, how much time do dragons need to grow up and become big?!
(seeing as the first epi was out, no need for spoilers~!)

Posted on April 2, 2012 at 9:03 PM

#
I haven't seen the first ep of the 2nd season yet, but I have read the books, which are pretty good. The first 3 are excellent, but than they start to drag. So be forewarned. But a few things in the show I am alittle pissed about that were not shown which were in the books, but eh, they do that alot. I had to stop watching True Blood because it got so damn out of control. I hope this one doesn't too much. I CANNOT wait to see Melisandre. She is awesome, even tho I don't like her that much, she's evil in red lol.

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 4:36 AM

#
I haven't read the books myself yet, but i've got the first two on audio tape waiting for me after im done with the dresden files. Honestly i'd be surprised if the series included 50% of the material in the book, otherwise the plot would just drag on.

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 4:46 AM

#
Honestly i'd be surprised if the series included 50% of the material in the book, otherwise the plot would just drag on.

You got that right.

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 4:55 AM

#
Game of Thrones is on my I should watch this list.

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 6:55 AM

#
It's definitely worth watching, the sooner the better really. You know how the internet is about spoiling stuff.

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 7:06 AM

#
It's definitely worth watching, the sooner the better really. You know how the internet is about spoiling stuff.
So far i've managed to evade it all, by staying on twitter/turntable/pchat only.

I should read the books though, I'm told they are miles better. I am in love with the show though, that season one ended perfectly...

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 9:24 AM

#
I totally cannot agree with Sintar, I think the first season was an awesome adaptation of the books that covered all the bases very nicely considering that the entire book was basically condensed down into ten episodes. Maybe Daenerys' storyline was a bit tightly condensed (PP told me yesterday she felt it was a bit rushed), but it still covered all the necessities and I don't feel like I missed out compared to the book.

As to whether or not the books are better than the TV series, I don't think the two mediums really offer themselves up for direct comparison. On the one hand, you are going to have to sacrifice content to be able to tell all the stories in the time you are allotted, on the other hand you do have stunning visuals and a storyline that moves at a brisk pace and which I find extremely-well executed. At the moment, there is nothing better on TV in terms of drama. Personally, I'd say the books and the TV series are complementary. Even if you have experienced either medium, you will still get much out of checking out the other, so criticizing the show for not being 100% accurate is a moot point. It's still a very faithful adaptation.

Now, as to "The North Remembers".. was Melisandre awesome or what? D: Stannis himself was not quite as I had pictured him when reading the book, but I can't say that I'm disappointed! Davos Seaworth on the other hand I thought was spot-on, though I am very fond of Liam Cunningham as an actor in general. Brr.. can't wait to see more of all of them!
After all, the night is dark and full of terrors.

And the rest of the storylines were picked up nicely as well, be it the fun dialogue up north at Craster's home or Joffrey insulting his mother down at King's Landing! Speaking of Joffrey, what an ass! Although maybe I'm too harsh there, he did after all give us one great montage.. loved the expression on the Gold Cloak's face as he held the bundle while others were keeping back the peasants.

Looking forward to a reunion with Renly, the Knight of Flowers and the Tyrells of Highgarden, too! Hopefully next week Gah, I can't wait for the next episode!

edited by Bunnybee on April 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM

#
Ok, so I just watched episode 1 of the second season and can't wait for the next one xD

I'm sad I don't have the strenght to wait a few weeks without watching so I can watch a bunch of this epicness in one go :D

ahhh and the joy of that bitchslap on Joffrey... felt so satisfying :D

I have the first 4 books on english and the first one on swedish... I just need to stop being a lazy bum and start read :D

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM

#
Bunnybee I am a lazy forum writer who could never find the time to write as much as you did lol. You totally put me in my place. I completely agree with you. I'm just such a goddamn purist when it comes to books, and yes Daenerys' storyline was not good in some areas, especially a certain special part that was done rather poorly in my opinion, I guess I was just asking why that moment had to be portrayed like a "forced" situation when it really wasn't. I have a problem with that. But other than that I think the show is fantastic, and Peter Dinklage as Tyrion is just about the most amazing thing I've ever seen, it's like he came right out of the damn books! He is my very favorite character in those books, and I love Peter Dinklage for making him come to life. :)

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM

#
Haha, sorry, I certainly didn't meant to come off as too strong xD Fully agree on Peter Dinklage, his Tyron is amazing! He stands out among an already stellar cast!

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 7:00 PM

#
not at all Bunnybee, I didn't take any offense, I'm just lazy and write a few short sentences lol.

Posted on April 3, 2012 at 7:07 PM

#
Yay, happy to know that I'm not the only one thinking Daenerys' strory was kinda lacking \o/ Even though I haven't read the books but still it was visible \o/

Posted on April 4, 2012 at 9:27 AM

#
idd! more smexy Daenerys please ^_^

Posted on April 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM

#
I absolutely love the TV series. I've been told to read the books but because I'm a purist as well, I'm holding off until the TV series is completely finished. Yes, I know it will be years. The thing is, as my boyfriend and several of his friends are in it as extras (most of the series is filmed in Northern Ireland where I live) I can't really avoid watching it, and if I read the books I know I'll get annoyed by details that aren't right. I'm silly like that.

But anyway - the series is absolutely amazing I think. Peter Dinklage is one of my favourite actors and Tyrion is by far my favourite character. Everything is so well executed and the death of Ned Stark was the best twist I've seen in any TV series ever. The soundtrack, the settings, the characters, the plots and politics - all fantastic. The ONE detail that has so far annoyed me (and it really is a tiny thing) is that.. In the first episode of the first season, when they're beyond the wall in the snow - they're not wearing hats or scarves, and still no red ears or cheeks or noses. It's supposed to be how many minus? <_< ...Yeah, like I said, a detail. Get why I'm not reading the books?

By the way: for any major fans of the series, here in Northern Ireland there's a convent once a year for general geekiness but mainly Game of Thrones - some of the actors come and talk in a panel and signs stuff (it's generally right before they start shooting the following season, in the autumn). It's really fun to listen to them talk. Last year was Arya, Sansa, Brann, Hodor, Syrio (Arya's sword trainer) as well as the guy who designed props there.

Posted on April 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

#
So I've started to watch GoT now. It's good and it feels different compared to most fantasy I've some across.

Posted on April 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM

#
So I've started to watch GoT now. It's good and it feels different compared to most fantasy I've some across.
That's basically exactly how I felt. It was such a nice breath of fresh air into a stale genre.

edited by Mashira on April 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Posted on April 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

#
I can agree to the previous posts but I'll never get into Daenerys' story much. I'll always think it was rushed and I just don't rly care much abt her xD;

Posted on April 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM

#
M0mjT.gif
I don't know where they found a kid as good at being terribly unlikable as this actor, but they hit the fucking goldmine if you ask me.

Posted on April 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM

#
First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last