Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Anime Boston 2012 in Events

Did Josh never make an AB2012 thread?? Whoops!

Well it's over and we're back and it was a ton of fun and crazy-ness. We were both working in the Guest Relations department, which is always a great (and stressful) experience.

I just wanted to post this real quick. We got 2 postcards signed by all of the guests (except one, who was MIA):

7rLKX.jpg

That is: Karen Strassman, Chris Smith, Carli Mosier, Kirk Thornton, Chris Ayres, Greg Ayres, Keith Silverstein, Tom Wayland, Caitlin Glass on one, and Shotaro Kaizuka, Haruko Momoi, Kanako Ito, MINT, Takamasa Sakurai, Tsutomu Narita, and Yoshitaka Suzuki on the other.

Posted on April 10, 2012 at 3:25 AM

#
Lookit doze sliiiick postcards. ;D I'm glad that you two had fun-- crazy + fun is even better. I am guessing that you may have had to relate things to guests, but what all does Guest Relations entail?

Posted on April 10, 2012 at 4:07 AM

#
Grats, they look awesome! How many people were there?

Posted on April 10, 2012 at 8:30 AM

#
I believe there were around 20,000 attendees? It was actually less this year because PAX East was across town at the same time.

Guest Relations was about taking care of the special guests and making sure all their panels and activities went well/on time. Suz was a manager, so she was in charge of me and other liaisons, filling in where necessary, being awesome. I was a liaison, which means I was assigned to a specific guest (Tom Wayland, then Karen Strassman), and I was in charge of everything my guest needed in relation to the con. I had two because of a schedule changeup.

It was really cool!

Bosskey handed out about 700 postcards to various people at the con thanks to our friend Tsao and his table at the Alley.

edited by Joshura on April 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Posted on April 10, 2012 at 1:04 PM

#
That's awesome. Really awesome. I want one of those postcards (not the signed ones, cause that'd be rude) :3

woo \o/

Posted on April 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM

#
Awesome, glad it went so well!

Any cool stories to share?

Posted on April 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM

#
At some point in the future I'll try to make some arrangements to get special goodies out. It won't be freeeeee.

Posted on April 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM

#
I am a born consumer. I will consume these things.

Posted on April 10, 2012 at 2:21 PM

#

You must be logged in to post in the forums.