Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Recipes for sweets and foods! in Creativity

First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last
Looking for inspiration for baking and/or cooking? Maybe you're wondering if we got some nice
recipes up our sleeves? Then you ended up in the right thread~!

Feel free to post links to sites you usually stalk or recipes you've stumbled upon~ No need to feel the pressure that "you have had to make it before posting it" or anything like that :D Mostly sweet and suchies from my side

The list form is link - what to expect (recipe type wise)
List of sites:
Sprinklebakes - Focus on desserts/sweets
The little teochew - Mostly sweets what I've noticed, but also quite a lot of food related recipes
Kirbie's cravings - A mix of food and sweets, even some resturant reviewish posts
Not so humble pie - Focus on sweets/desserts
Glorious treats - Also sweets/desserts
Whisk kid - 98% (not official number) sweets/desserts and a few food related posts
Food wishes - Mostly food related (!) but also a few sweets, got a video tutorial on all the recipes (at least those I've checked) and the dude doing seems to be awesome, I recommend watching This lava cake video as proof xD
Recipe girl - mixed sweets and food recipes~

I will update the list with links to sites you guys thinks that you should "regularly" check for stuff :3

edited by Najica on May 18, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Posted on April 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

#
Something Naji managed to dig out, so delicious! But so many calories x.x

Chocolate and Caramel Layer Cake
Picture of sweet goodness!
LKbLO.jpg

Posted on April 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM

#
Oh Enel that looks so tasty x.x While I have started experimenting and looking for all kinds of recipes to try, I still only cook. I'm kinda worried that if I start baking, I will be spherical within a month. But still, that looks ridiculously tasty...

Posted on April 21, 2012 at 4:31 PM

#
The trick is to bake stuff for your friends for their birthdays or whatever! That way, THEY will become spherical and you can still get your baking done! Diabolical!

Posted on April 21, 2012 at 5:14 PM

#
But I want to eat it if I make it :(

Posted on April 21, 2012 at 8:02 PM

#
But I want to eat it if I make it :(
Sharing is caring? You could always bake and then give away like half the cake cause you're nice and stuff~ that way you can worry less :P Fairly easy trick with for cakes that are round - cut out a crescent moon (either keep the big part or give it away and keep the moon part) and then just apply frosting where you cut and voila, they'll never know! xD;

Posted on April 22, 2012 at 11:03 AM

#
The other night I shared some dinner responsibilities with Tsao (friend of the site), and rediscovered an amazing dish of his - Hawaiian chicken.

Here's his recipe for it, which I post here, knowing it's the best place for me to put it if I want to learn it myself.

12-15 Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless), 1 packet Onion Soup Mix, 1 cup Apricot Jam, 1 cup Pineapple Jam, 1 cup French Dressing, Splash of Soy Sauce, Slash of Salt, optional: white raisins or pineapple slices
(Mix all that stuff together, dump it in a glass 13x9 inch pan)
Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 40-50 minutes, check the thicker pieces to make sure it's cooked through.

Serve with rice.

I also made asparagus in hollandaise to go with this. That was just about steaming/frying the asparagus and bringing a hollandaise sauce to a nice simmer, and then adding them together. It probably didn't go super well with the flavors of the chicken, but the zucchini I wanted to make didn't look very good in the store. I'd suggest going with a lightly flavored dish like sauteed zucchini and carrots with ginger, if those ingredients are available.

Posted on April 25, 2012 at 1:09 AM

#
Is there a particular reason it needs to be a glass pan? :O

I'm making saffron risotto with minute steak tonight, and it's my first time trying risotto so I'm a bit nervous. If all goes well though I'll share the recipe after!

Posted on April 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM

#
Generally the heat distribution in glass and metal is different enough to make the distinction. You could use metal, but you'd want to bake at 375 F. You would probably also have more browning on the meat, which could be good.

Risotto is hard! Good luck!

edited by Joshura on April 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Posted on April 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM

#
Do you like sweets and beer (I'm making this sound like a commerical '~') but dislike carbs and all that shit?
Dark chocolate guinness bundt cake!
Quote:
-> It’s sinfully delicious. Like, it’s almost unholy how good this cake is.
-> Um, it has Guinness. Beer cake, as you may know, > regular cake.
-> It has less than 170 calories and 6 grams of fat per serving.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but it has been bookmarked, meaning I'd like to try it someday!

Posted on April 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM

#
Do you like sweets and beer (I'm making this sound like a commerical '~') but dislike carbs and all that shit?
Dark chocolate guinness bundt cake!
Quote:
-> It’s sinfully delicious. Like, it’s almost unholy how good this cake is.
-> Um, it has Guinness. Beer cake, as you may know, > regular cake.
-> It has less than 170 calories and 6 grams of fat per serving.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but it has been bookmarked, meaning I'd like to try it someday!

Guinness cake... The inventor of this can't be much short of a god O.O

Posted on April 27, 2012 at 10:40 PM

#
Lol :L There's plenty of Guinness chocolate and Guinness icecream to be found here at least, so for me it doesn't feel very new. In fact I think I've had a different type of Guinness cake before. But it's all very tasty :3

Posted on April 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM

#
Lol :L There's plenty of Guinness chocolate and Guinness icecream to be found here at least, so for me it doesn't feel very new. In fact I think I've had a different type of Guinness cake before. But it's all very tasty :3
While I can't say that it's usual /here/ I've seen quite a few beer related sweets recipes in them blogs such as the sweet and salty guinness choco pie but also cupcakes, brownies etc. I haven't made any of em thou, but all sounds more or less interesting ^^ So yeah, apparently, baking with beer ain't as unusual as it might sound

edited by Najica on April 28, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Posted on April 28, 2012 at 6:01 PM

#
Well - I'd say Guinness is an exception. Most beers would ruin any form of sweets, but Guinness has an extremely distinct taste (almost like coffee) which works surprisingly good with chocolate. So just, you know, don't try to replace it with anything else xD

Posted on April 29, 2012 at 9:07 AM

#
Well - I'd say Guinness is an exception. Most beers would ruin any form of sweets, but Guinness has an extremely distinct taste (almost like coffee) which works surprisingly good with chocolate. So just, you know, don't try to replace it with anything else xD

To a person that doesn't like beer, guinness is just yet another beer brand :P But yeah, I believe you xD;

Posted on April 29, 2012 at 10:09 AM

#
Yeah I know, that's why I say it! Because you might think that and replace it with another beer, which would ruin any cake xD

Posted on April 30, 2012 at 9:48 AM

#
Added another site to the list in first post, due to recipes like Chocolate cheesecake cake(sweets) and chicken stroganoff(food)

Posted on May 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM

#
Nobody likes beer in the beginning. I have never seen anyone pick up a beer for the first time, taste it and go "Man! This is delicious!" That doesn't happen. You have to drink a lot of it ("a lot" varies from person to person), and a lot of different kinds, to acquire a taste for it. I used to be some weird, anti-beer drinker, did the whole "looks like pee, tastes like salty fermented water," etc. But then I did the thing, with the tasting and the trying, and can now differentiate as well as enjoy certain beers. Guinness is one of them. I realize that this response is rather late; perhaps, since then, Najica has become a refined alcoholic and loves beer. Or not.

Who likes whoopie pies? I have an easy, bastardized recipe for some.

Posted on May 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM

#
I don't mind tasting stuff, but as someone in a swedish channel said on IRC, "Why would I drink something I disliked the first time more than once?" which holds some truth in it depending on how you see it.

Oh, and do give the whoopie pie recipe :D
I've always wanted to tried making em, but there seems to be so many variations of them, but maybe that's mostly for the filling...?

Share it cause sharing is caring \o/ I'm thinking of sharing a tl'ed (by myself) recipe of Swedish "kladdkaka" (mudcake).

edited by Najica on May 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Posted on May 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM

#
I came to love beer because of Shawshank Redemption.
Quote:
We sat and drank with the sun on our shoulders and felt like free men. Hell, we could have been tarring the roof of one of our own houses. We were the lords of all creation. As for Andy - he spent that break hunkered in the shade, a strange little smile on his face, watching us drink his beer.

When I studied in Japan the second time, about 4 years ago, I lived at a restaurant that served beer. I'd come home from a long, hot day of school, tired and thirsty. The nicest experience imaginable in that state is that feeling of relaxation coupled with brisk masculinity that I get from drinking that beer after a particularly long day.

After a few beers like that, I started to refine my tastes. When I turned 21, I ordered a Guinness with my dad thinking "beer of beers!" still knowing I had never really liked beer before... I took one sip and was like NOPE. Now, it's my comfort drink. Any red or brown ale, really, does the job.

edited by Joshura on May 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Posted on May 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM

#
First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last