Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Harry Potter Series - Expecto Patronum~! in Off-Topic

This is a thread dedicated to our beloved series of Harry Potter Series! I assume (100% absolutely sure) that all of you know the tale of the little boy named Harry who lost his parents when he was a baby and had a miserable childhood until he got a letter from Hogwarts that opened innumerable new experiences for him but with the downside of fighting You-Know-Who and pretty much save everyone and everything!

You can talk about anything related to the books, your impressions, fanarts, fanfics maybe as well and opinions above all here.
BUT since the series is long finished, we'll also venture into the "new project" J.K. Rowling made for us fans which is an interactive site called Pottermore and which allows the player/visitor/reader have unique online experience built around the Harry Potter books.
As the site itself says:
"Pottermore is the place for Harry Potter fans to share and participate in the stories, showcase their own Potter-related creativity, and discover additional information about the world of Harry Potter from the author herself."

You can make here friends, practice duels, ask help and whatever else you want here ^-^ So share with us your nicks and let our magical adventure begin~! And don't forget! Hufflepuff is where all the cool kids are going <3

Pottermore names!

PP: BladeRose1955 - Hufflepuff
Joshura: RainUnicorn20053 - Ravenclaw

NOTES: As of today (20/4/2012) there has been only one book released. I've heard the next is supposed to be released somewhere in this year... which is pretty vague but we'll see! I'll update when time comes~!

Cast away~!

Evanesco~! *poof*

edited by Joshura on April 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Posted on April 19, 2012 at 9:09 PM

#
I am RainUnicorn20053 :D So beautiful. Also, I'm in Ravenclaw, cause I'm so smart.

I got back into reading last year after an 8 year period where I read very little, and certainly nothing from cover to cover. Neil Gaiman was the author who brought me back with his light, fun novel Stardust. 3 books later, I was still uncertain if my return to reading could be considered temporary or not until I decided it was time to take on the much loved Harry Potter series.

3 weeks later, I had read every single book. It was fantastic. Truly amazing.

It wasn't until I started reading some other young adult novels hungergames that I realized just how amazing JK Rowling's accomplishment is. Not only is the world a fully developed, living, breathing thing, it's interesting! The stories are fun to read! Everything has its place, everything has its reasoning, and it all works. Pottermore reminded me of this most recently with a long biography of Professor McGonagall discovered throughout exploration of the first book.

edited by Joshura on April 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Posted on April 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM

#
I've been reading the series ever since the first movie was out (I was in 3rd grade). I'm a SUCKER for magic so OFC I had to know all abt it and since I was so eager, I read the 2nd book instead of the first since I had seen the first movie xD; Finished it in 2 and a half days and that cause I had school! Since then I was buying the books as they came out. I still remember when my friend in elementary said the 5th book was out and I sent mom to get it for me but it was a lie >_> Innocent years! I also remember laughing at the idea of reading them in english since I wouldn't get half the stuff >.> Silly naive me! A year later I only wanted to read english books in english xD Unfortunately since I got my giftcard late, I only have the 7th book in english (which I read in like 1-2 days - didn't sleep that night).

Harry Potter will always have a special place in my heart cause the place is just so magical<3 I kinda believed back then that I could get a letter T.T

Posted on April 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

#
I'm WaveCharm5610 and a proud member of Gryffindor ~<3

ahh this thingy just wants me to read the books or watch the movies again x3

Posted on April 20, 2012 at 7:50 PM

#
UPDATES!

It's updated. UPDATED!

Posted on September 20, 2012 at 4:03 PM

#
JK Rowling's new book, a Casual Vacancy, is available from Friday. She expects the reviews to be bad, but if her writing style and depth of characters hasn't changed, I'm sure it will be quite good.

Posted on September 26, 2012 at 5:55 PM

#

You must be logged in to post in the forums.