Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Power Levels in 

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead

Filename: plugins/modifier.capitalize.php

Line Number: 26

Off-Topic

First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last
This here thread is about discussing fictitious fights! I'll start us off:

One Space Marine from the Warhammer 40k universe against The Hulk's weight in Nurgle worshiping africanized bees. Personally I'm betting on the bees. The Hulk weighs tons, and if each of them is worshiping Nurgle at least a few thousand of them will be able to pierce his armor. And if they do I'm sure they'd be able to infect the space marine with any sort of debilitating disease Nurgle has available. Also long live papa Nurgle.

BANNED:
Superman Vs. Goku

edited by Mashira on May 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Posted on May 3, 2012 at 12:48 PM

#
I'm not so sure about that, Space Marines have really great armor and bees are really small.

Posted on May 3, 2012 at 12:52 PM

#
We're talking about a SHIT LOAD of bees worshiping a chaos god though. Space Marines are pretty tough, but if you throw enough at them they'll eventually get taken down.

Posted on May 3, 2012 at 12:58 PM

#
I don't understand either of those two things.

Bees win.

How about a ghibli showdown - Ashitaka (Princess Mononoke) vs No Face at his largest (Spirited Away)

Posted on May 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM

#
I'm gonna go for Ashitaka, he shot a dude's head off when he had that cursed arm. The again, No Face's nature isn't very well defined, so it could go either way.

Personally I'd bet on Ashitaka's weight in bees.

Posted on May 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM

#
I think it comes down to the armament on the space marine, specifically the availability of a flamer or heavy flamer. If that is present, he'll be able to make quick work of the mutants in His name, on account of the bee's massive surface area and the large cone of attack without a need for precision aiming.

On the other hand, in the less likely case of the Space Marine not having a flamer, the dynamic of the battle does change drastically, considering the large number of targets. A boltgun might cause some harm, but it will become more ineffective the lower the density of targets becomes. Melee weapons are of limited merit as well, as they're slow and easily dodged. All things considered, this would be the harder scenario for the space marine, but I wouldn't write him off completely, on account of heavy body armour and superhuman endurance and perseverance.

Posted on May 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM

#
Let's say he's a Space Wolf and that, for some reason, he only has a chainsword and bolter on him.

Posted on May 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM

#
Hmm.. in that scenario, I think I'd favour the bees in a.. 70:30 or 65:35 split.

The bolter would likely reduce the initial clusters of bees significantly, but the remaining insects would pose a problem considering they're small, agile targets and probably still quite numerous. A chainsword is an ineffectual weapon against those at best, however.. the larger the bees have become in their mutation, the more effective it is, of course.

And with the larger bees also being the ones most likely to pierce or damage the armor, I think this one could go either way.

If the space marine is not wearing a helmet, however, I'd correct the estimate further in favour of the bees, though, up to an 85:15 split. But that'd just be irresponsible.

Posted on May 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM

#
To me it all comes down to the question. Will the bees be able to penetrate the armor? And that depends on how mutated they are. I'm pretty sure that in WH40K weak things can't harm things with really high armor at all. And I think that might just bee the case here. Unless the bees have mutated armorpenetrating powers of course.

Posted on May 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM

#
Chaos mutations can do quite a bit. Space Marines are pretty tough, but they're not invincible.

Posted on May 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM

#
Yes, I'm going by the assumption that they're somewhat heavily mutated with various Tyranid-like stingers/probosces/mandibles and caustic venom. Basically, that they have the capacity to inflict significant harm. If they're just regular bees with little robes and a mean pneumonia, that's a whole different matter. D:

Posted on May 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM

#
Batman vs. Iron Man?

Any thoughts on the author's arguments?

Posted on May 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM

#
I could dissect this guy's article and argument and show exactly how badly he stated his case, but:

I'm tired,

and

It's Cracked.

Posted on May 9, 2012 at 4:12 AM

#
Then come back when you're not tired and do so!

It's just for fun anyhows~

And that is the point of this thread, yah?

Unless you have a better battle to discuss!

Posted on May 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM

#
Batman and Iron Man are so very different. Iron Man is a shiny gold and red suit wearing, beam shooting guy. Batman is a sneaky bat guy. Iron Man could just blow Batman up with a giant laser, while Batman could sneak up on Tony Stark and kick his ass.

Posted on May 10, 2012 at 2:21 PM

#
Batman epitomizes detective, and Iron Man epitomizes weapons scientist.

Do you use a screwdriver to hammer in a nail? Yeah, I guess you could try, but really, you're just being dumb.

Posted on May 10, 2012 at 3:06 PM

#
He had interesting points, but it seemed like 99% of his arguments were from the films. He could have used the animated cartoons and comics as well.

Posted on May 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM

#
We were having the Goku vs Superman discussion in chat a few days ago.

Obviously, Superman would win. He can go in space! Goku can't! That's it!

Posted on June 28, 2012 at 4:26 AM

#
STOP IT. TALKING ABOUT THIS IS DANGEROUS! IT COULD TEAR THE COMMUNITY APART!

Posted on June 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

#
Ash. vs. Gary

Posted on June 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM

#
First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last