Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Terraria in Video Games

First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last
Has anyone tried Terraria? It looks kinda like minecraft but it is a side-scroller...I hear it is actually pretty different though once you play it. It looks pretty cool so I was curious :x Kiiiiiiiinda wanna get it

Posted on June 13, 2012 at 6:16 AM

#
do get it. though development has ceased, it's a great experience. I've played it for a year or so, still is a lot of fun. it's nothing like minecraft, really. it's more of a platformer/adventure/action-rpg thingy with crafting mechanics.

Posted on June 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM

#
I played around with it for a bit, but never really felt the urge to get addic ted to it like I'm sure is required for such a game.

Too many other things to play first!

Posted on June 13, 2012 at 2:30 PM

#
That's the thing, i dont have much to play :) my kind of games are mostly dead, or problematic to revive without them feeling awkward...

I couldn't really call myself a real gamer these days. I still love games though - so i play them occassionally. i have to force myself to do it though. shame

EDIT: Woo! 100 posts!

edited by Plato on June 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Posted on June 13, 2012 at 2:39 PM

#
I've played quite a bit. I'm almost at the last tier of armor and weapons and shit.

Posted on June 14, 2012 at 3:04 AM

#
hmm maybe I will get it then next time I have an extra 10 bucks :3 (even though I would rather be playing Diablo XD)

Posted on June 14, 2012 at 4:39 AM

#
for that price it's definitely worth it.. i've gotten about 600 hours out of those few moneys i payed.. great value per dollar/euro/sek w/e

Posted on June 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM

#
I agree, it's cheap and fun and you get quite a bit of content out of it.

Posted on June 14, 2012 at 12:51 PM

#
that said, i should play. im free today XD

Posted on June 14, 2012 at 12:56 PM

#
so, are you guys still playing terraria? .. i haven't in a while and am currently waiting for starbound.
it'd be fun to have a game with you guys in the meantime. it's probably the only way i'd enjoy playing Terraria now.

anyone up for it?

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 2:34 AM

#
I would play once I get Internet (should be by this weekend). It'd probably be morning for you when I have time, though. Maybe the weekend?

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM

#
the weekend sounds cool, like. on another note, I hope you're not too devastated by Sandy...

Posted on October 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM

#
I still have power and everything, I just won't have Internet until the subways are running again and I can get back to my work office. At this point it may not even be by this weekend. SIGH.

I've never actually played Terraria.

Posted on October 31, 2012 at 4:27 AM

#
yeah, heard about the subways on the news. that's crazy! o.o

you haven't? . well that's gonna be a fairly interesting contrast then ;D
let me know when you can play.

Posted on October 31, 2012 at 1:51 PM

#
I bought Terraria during the steam autumn sale, 2 days ago. Tried it for a bit, killed a few bunnies and blobs and I learned to chop wood and build a shelter. I quite enjoyable and has lots of potential.

Then night time came. I got scared of the monsters, I only had a sword that did 1-2 dmg and the monsters all had 200-600 HP, and were difficult to out-maneuver. My NPC friend got killed I tried to save him, but he was too stupid, and I couldn't leave the shelter open long enough while monsters were attacking me.

The next day I got bored and started to dig down to see what I could find. I didn't even care about finding my way back up, I just dug straight down to see if there was anything cool. I found sand and a bunch of minerals, I had to start sealing my path, because enemies would follow me down. Because it was dark, I started placing torches, and it lit everything beautifully. As I collected more minerals I was ambushed by a giant sand worm. It was completely unpredictable and I had trouble building shelter. The thing attacked me from all sides like graphic tentacles from pron. I later re-spawned where I started the game and it was still night time, so I was ambushed by zombies and evil floating eyes and the sand worm followed me to the very top. I was killed again and again, so I just quit without saving.

I'd like to play again but maybe someone could guide me through some stuff, I notice it has multiplayer. I'd love to try it with someone.

edited by Cados on November 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Posted on November 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM

#
That parallels my first experience pretty closely. I still haven't officially beaten the game, but I think a handful of us could run around in co-op again soon to get on our way there!

Posted on November 26, 2012 at 3:44 AM

#
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/04/terraria-pc-update-to-add-pretty-waterfalls-clouds

This is happening.

Even with Starbound on the way, it looks like Terraria might be worth sinking a few more dozen hours into.

edited by Joshura on April 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Posted on April 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM

#
whaaaaa I thought they stopped doing stuff with Terraria!? :O

Posted on April 4, 2013 at 9:07 PM

#
I thought that was the case, too! And yet here we are.

Let's play Sunday! We'll start a new world.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/04/terraria-pc-update-to-add-pretty-waterfalls-clouds/

Edit: I actually read that post and discovered the update hasn't been put in place yet. :( Let's play anyway!

edited by Joshura on April 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Posted on April 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM

#
aw boo...hmm maybe :o do you have to make a new character for multi-player or can the single player one be used? I haven't actually played multi-player on it before !

Posted on April 6, 2013 at 2:43 AM

#
First Previous Page 1 2 of 2 Next Last