Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Brave discussion, spoilers inside in 

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead

Filename: plugins/modifier.capitalize.php

Line Number: 26

TV & Movies

Hey guys!

Did you see Brave?

Well, if you didn't, go away! There's spoilers ahead.

If you did, come chat about it with us! Start by talking about what you liked or didn't like, and we can have ourselves a little discussion, yo.

I liked it!

I don't think I was really all that into the bear thing, though. I was really enjoying the buildup up until the point I realized what was happening to the mother. After that, I kinda felt like everything fell into place rather predictably. Ultimately, I was satisfied with the resolution, and Merida's success in being an independent woman.

(note that you don't have to use spoiler tags from here on out).

edited by Joshura on June 28, 2012 at 4:23 AM

Posted on June 28, 2012 at 4:21 AM

#
I enjoyed the movie overall, it was pretty fun and silly. My favorite part would have to be the background story about the 4 brothers! I would want to see like a spin off or something.

Posted on June 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

#
There's people out there claiming the lack of sexuality on Merida's part is evidence that she's actually gay.

What!

I really liked that the horse was a real horse. He wasn't dog horse.

And, the resolution didn't come about by huge burly men saving the day, but by two women who didn't want to stop the bear for any reason other than protecting the other. That was really great to see.

I think the most emotional moment for me was when Elinor threw the bow into the fire, almost immediately regretting it.

Posted on June 28, 2012 at 3:37 PM

#
I also liked the Witch a lot. So if you stayed till after the credits, she delivers the bear.
The background story about the Prince who turned into the bear was just so interesting to me though.

I wish there was a bit more mythology and those legends things that went down. Her little brothers were really cute though :>

Posted on June 28, 2012 at 3:43 PM

#
http://www.themarysue.com/colbert-merida-gay/

Pretty ridiculous, right?

edited by Joshura on June 29, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Posted on June 28, 2012 at 6:20 PM

#

You must be logged in to post in the forums.