Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

The Movie Anticipation Thread in TV & Movies

First Previous Page 1 2 3 of 8 Next Last
This thread will be updated with the newest movie trailers whenever they are released so we can all discuss what's going on regarding new releases.

Yesterday, one trailer was released.

The Cold Light of Day
No Poster Available
Plot Summary: Will Shaw (Henry Cavill) goes to Spain for a weeklong sailing vacation with his family but his whole world turns upside down when the family is kidnapped by intelligence agents hell-bent on recovering a mysterious briefcase and Will suddenly finds himself on the run.

Clip (3.24.12)

edited by Dape on March 26, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 6:03 AM

#
Two new trailers has been released.

Dark Shadows
No Poster Available
Plot Summary: In the year 1752, Joshua and Naomi Collins, with young son Barnabas, set sail from Liverpool, England to start a new life in America. But even an ocean was not enough to escape the mysterious curse that has plagued their family. Two decades pass and Barnabas (Johnny Depp) has the world at his feet--or at least the town of Collinsport, Maine. The master of Collinwood Manor, Barnabas is rich, powerful and an inveterate playboy...until he makes the grave mistake of breaking the heart of Angelique Bouchard (Eva Green). A witch, in every sense of the word, Angelique dooms him to a fate worse than death: turning him into a vampire, and then burying him alive. Two centuries later, Barnabas is inadvertently freed from his tomb and emerges into the very changed world of 1972. He returns to Collinwood Manor to find that his once-grand estate has fallen into ruin. The dysfunctional remnants of the Collins family have fared little better, each harboring their own dark secrets. Matriarch Elizabeth Collins Stoddard (Michelle Pfeiffer) has called upon live-in psychiatrist, Dr. Julia Hoffman (Helena Bonham Carter), to help with her family troubles. Also residing in the manor is Elizabeth's ne'er-do-well brother, Roger Collins, (Jonny Lee Miller); her rebellious teenage daughter Carolyn Stoddard (Chloe Moretz); and Roger's precocious 10-year-old son, David Collins (Gulliver McGrath). The mystery extends beyond the family, to caretaker Willie Loomis, played by Jackie Earle Haley, and David's new nanny, Victoria Winters, played by Bella Heathcote.

TV Spot (3.25.12)

Snow White and the Huntsman
9jPqZ.jpg
Plot Summary: In the epic action-adventure "Snow White and the Huntsman," Kristen Stewart ("Twilight") plays the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen (Oscar® winner Charlize Theron) who is out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with a huntsman (Chris Hemsworth, "Thor") who was dispatched to kill her. Sam Claflin ("Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides") joins the cast as the prince long enchanted by Snow White's beauty and power.

The breathtaking new vision of the legendary tale is from Joe Roth, the producer of "Alice in Wonderland," producer Sam Mercer ("The Sixth Sense") and acclaimed commercial director and state-of-the-art visualist Rupert Sanders.

TV Spot (3.25.12)

edited by Dape on March 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 6:09 AM

#
None of those things look interesting at all!

The Hobbit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0k3kHtyoqc

Avengers:
http://youtu.be/eOrNdBpGMv8

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 6:32 AM

#
I personally think Dark Shadows looks interesting. Tim Burton is cool.

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 6:33 AM

#
Eh, im kinda sick of his style. He very rarely changes his basic formula, which can be kinda nice, but it just feels bland now.

He should also look into the five hundred billion other actors other than Johnny Depp out there.

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 6:35 AM

#
I agree that virtually all of his films looks very alike in style and atmosphere which can get annoying in the long run, but I still look forward to his movies.

And yeah, it's amazing how he continues to cast Depp in everything he does... I think i heard that Depp was cast in Sweeney Todd before anyone had even heard him sing.

But meh, this may be good. It's an adaption of an old series apparently, which was pretty good I've heard... or something...

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 10:02 AM

#
I am so sick of Tim Burton. I think the only things he's actually directed that I really liked were Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, and Big Fish. His style is grossly repetitive and I don't think he can make a movie anymore without casting Depp and Helena Bonham Carter first. It also really annoys me that he seems to get all of the credit for Nightmare Before Christmas, which was actually directed by Henry Selick, who is also responsible for Coraline and James and the Giant Peach, all of which I love.

edited by suzubara on March 26, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 2:27 PM

#
It also really annoys me that he seems to get all of the credit for Nightmare Before Christmas, which was actually directed by Henry Selick, who is also responsible for Coraline and James and the Giant Peach, all of which I love.

Oho, I had no idea. Interesting.

So, a new trailer was released~
Eeer, yeah, you can judge it yourselves.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
No Poster Available
Plot Summary: "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn" will be released as two separate films. The project, based on the fourth novel in author Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight" series, illuminates the secrets and mysteries of this spellbinding romantic epic that has entranced millions.

Teaser (3.26.12)

Marvel's The Avengers
k5ENv.jpg
Plot Summary: Continuing the epic big-screen adventures started in "Iron Man," "The Incredible Hulk," "Iron Man 2," "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger," "Marvel's The Avengers" is the superhero team up of a lifetime. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as SHIELD, finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins.

Featurette (3.26.12)

edited by Dape on March 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM

#
Aaaah, Avengersss

I really dont have an opinion on this movie at all, im just really looking forward to seeing it with my dad. He was such a huge marvel fan, and he loves seeing the stuff he grew up with in live action.

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 5:21 PM

#
COME ON GUYS, no mention of PROMETHEUS???

This is my #1 anticipated movie this year! Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34cEo0VhfGE

Also adding youtube embed bbcode tags has jumped to #1 on my to-do list.

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM

#
Prometheus is cool too! I'm just only adding trailers that are released right NOW! And no Promtheus trailers has been released today ^^

Marvel's the Avengers
k5ENv.jpg
Plot Summary: Continuing the epic big-screen adventures started in "Iron Man," "The Incredible Hulk," "Iron Man 2," "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger," "Marvel's The Avengers" is the superhero team up of a lifetime. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as SHIELD, finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins.

Black Widow Promo (3.26.12)

Wrath of the Titans
ZHtLx.jpg
Plot Summary: A decade after his heroic defeat of the monstrous Kraken, Perseus (Worthington) --the demigod son of Zeus (Neeson)--is attempting to live a quieter life as a village fisherman and the sole parent to his 10-year old son, Helius. Meanwhile, a struggle for supremacy rages between the gods and the Titans. Dangerously weakened by humanity's lack of devotion, the gods are losing control of the imprisoned Titans and their ferocious leader, Kronos, father of the long-ruling brothers Zeus, Hades (Fiennes) and Poseidon (Huston). The triumvirate had overthrown their powerful father long ago, leaving him to rot in the gloomy abyss of Tartarus, a dungeon that lies deep within the cavernous underworld. Perseus cannot ignore his true calling when Hades, along with Zeus' godly son, Ares (Ramirez), switch loyalties and make a deal with Kronos to capture Zeus. The Titans' strength grows stronger as Zeus' remaining godly powers are siphoned, and hell is unleashed on earth. Enlisting the help of the warrior Queen Andromeda (Pike), Poseidon's demigod son, Argenor (Kebbell), and fallen god Hephaestus (Nighy), Perseus bravely embarks on a treacherous quest into the underworld to rescue Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind.

TV Trailer (3.26.12)

Dark Shadows
No Poster Available
Plot Summary: In the year 1752, Joshua and Naomi Collins, with young son Barnabas, set sail from Liverpool, England to start a new life in America. But even an ocean was not enough to escape the mysterious curse that has plagued their family. Two decades pass and Barnabas (Johnny Depp) has the world at his feet--or at least the town of Collinsport, Maine. The master of Collinwood Manor, Barnabas is rich, powerful and an inveterate playboy...until he makes the grave mistake of breaking the heart of Angelique Bouchard (Eva Green). A witch, in every sense of the word, Angelique dooms him to a fate worse than death: turning him into a vampire, and then burying him alive. Two centuries later, Barnabas is inadvertently freed from his tomb and emerges into the very changed world of 1972. He returns to Collinwood Manor to find that his once-grand estate has fallen into ruin. The dysfunctional remnants of the Collins family have fared little better, each harboring their own dark secrets. Matriarch Elizabeth Collins Stoddard (Michelle Pfeiffer) has called upon live-in psychiatrist, Dr. Julia Hoffman (Helena Bonham Carter), to help with her family troubles. Also residing in the manor is Elizabeth's ne'er-do-well brother, Roger Collins, (Jonny Lee Miller); her rebellious teenage daughter Carolyn Stoddard (Chloe Moretz); and Roger's precocious 10-year-old son, David Collins (Gulliver McGrath). The mystery extends beyond the family, to caretaker Willie Loomis, played by Jackie Earle Haley, and David's new nanny, Victoria Winters, played by Bella Heathcote.

TV Spot 2 (3.26.12)

Lockout
CFSx1.jpg
Plot Summary: Starring Guy Pearce and Maggie Grace and set in the near future, "Lockout" follows a falsely convicted ex- government agent (Pearce), whose one chance at obtaining freedom lies in the dangerous mission of rescuing the President’s daughter (Grace) from rioting convicts at an outer space maximum security prison.

TV Spot (3.26.12)

edited by Dape on March 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 5:49 PM

#
Really? I thought Clash of the Titans was a failure. I didn't expect a sequel.

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 5:55 PM

#
I didn't like Clash of the Titans. But this trailer for Wrath looks pretty awesome, although they'll probaby disregard a lot of the actual mythology again.

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 5:56 PM

#
It was so bad.

They really don't need another one.

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 5:56 PM

#
Whenever I see trailers for those Roman 300 titan gladiator giant army whatever movies my eyes just glaze over. I don't find anything about them interesting in the slightest.

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 6:07 PM

#
300 was amazing~

Gladiator was amazing~

>:I

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM

#
Eh, 300 could have been much better.

I've yet to see a movie that really captures any of the spirit of greeko/roman mythology since Clash of the titans (the good one.)

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 6:11 PM

#
Clash of the Titans takes a lot of liberties with Greek mythology, which is why I didn't really like it.

300 was just pure manliness and I still love it to this day.

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 6:19 PM

#
Ok I don't mind Gladiator, actually I think I liked it (but I haven't seen it for awhile). But I hated 300 and it just feels like there have been a million follow up movies in the same genre since. I didn't know Clash of the Titans was supposed to be good, I haven't seen it. But I think it's more an issue of me not being interested in the genre than them being bad movies.

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 6:20 PM

#
Im talking about the GOOD clash of the titans,

Kraken.jpg

I dont really care that they deviated from greek mythology. I do care that they disgraced one of the best stop-motion movies ever.

edited by Mashira on March 26, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM

#
First Previous Page 1 2 3 of 8 Next Last