Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Dragon Age series in Video Games

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition was just officially announced, so this is a pretty good time to start talking about the whole series, and maybe what the game means for the franchise.

Share your thoughts on previous games and such, share fanart, complain, praise, or whatever you want!

Regardless of your opinion towards the series, it's undoubtedly important, as one of the key Western fantasy RPG franchises. I've met many Japanese people who like the series, even. Awesome!

Posted on September 17, 2012 at 3:32 PM

#
OMFG I AM SO EXCITED SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

...that is all.

Posted on September 17, 2012 at 7:46 PM

#
NOBODY EXPECTS THE DRAGON AGE INQUISITION!

I'm sorry I just...I just can't help myself.

I really want this game though.

Posted on September 18, 2012 at 7:11 AM

#
I played through the first game, all the way up to the last siege. There came a pack I couldn't defeat, so I called it.

I liked the game, although I didn't care much for its attempts at sidetracking me. It just wasn't good enough to distract me from the main story. So I guess I haven't even played half the game. Which again might explain why I couldn't beat that darn commander and his friends.

Posted on September 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM

#
Some of it is a slow burn, Arthur, but honestly, those do pick up rather quickly. It does require some investment in the characters, or you might find yourself bored by the sideline quests. Ultimately, I found all of DA:O very entertaining. The expansion has been fun, but I stopped midway, and I'm going to really need to just play the whole series again before I can start Dragon Age 2 finally.

I hear it's the weakest in the series, but it's going to be required reading, I'm sure, for Dragon Age 3... which should be awesome...

Posted on September 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

#
I loved Origins. Thought Awakening was great. did not play 2.

Posted on September 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM

#
It's not that I didn't feel them entertaining, I didn't feel them worthy of checking out in the first place. It's been a few years, though, I might have less of an inclination toward strict linear playing now.

Posted on September 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM

#
I have played DA:O all the way through with 3 different characters. I have played all the DLCs including Awakenings-which is important to play if you wanna know Ander's character in DA:2. I have played DA:2 all the way through 4 times with the DLCs also.
I happen to love Origins more than 2 but I love them both, I have both of them at 75%-85% completion on PS3.
I'm pretty much what you'd call a Dragon Age nut, I sit there and read all the stories, the side notes and get to know all the characters and the back story. I have yet to watch the animated movie, and I do not own the comic book, but I'm sure I will in the future. I love the story and world of Thedas. It's pretty interesting.

**SPOILERS**

I am really looking forward to the next installment. DA2 leaves the world in turmoil and on the brink of world war. And I'm very interested in seeing if the Chantry decides to do the "Right of Annulment" with all mages everywhere-if that happns that could cause them to see a huge war with Tevinter. I also would like to see what happens with the Qunari-will they invade the Free Marches? I also hope to see Orlais or even Tevinter. I am so excited for this game, and I know they're taking their time to make it, as they should because like everyone else who played 2, it felt very rushed. And only 3 dlcs, 2 of them being super short, and the added character not really someone I was interested in unfortunately.

Hate or like it, this game series has a very ineresting storyline and world, so if you haven't tried it out, do it, you might just like it. :)

edited by Joshura on September 18, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Posted on September 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

#
It sounds like DA3 will only let you be a human again.

Posted on October 25, 2012 at 8:19 PM

#
You are correct Josh. I read that earlier last week on the forums. Can't say I am happy. BUT-after playing Origins, 2, and reading all the canon books and comics. It's understandable it's a human. I am not perturbed by this since I won't be playing my Warden. I didn't mind playing a human in 2. Still really looking forward to this game! The screen shots were awesome. I think we are going to be able to see Arlathan ruin woot!

Posted on October 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM

#
So if anybody is a DA nerd like I am then you most likely already own the books and comics. On Pre-Order right now is a beautiful Hard Cover book of The World of Thedas Volume 1. Yes I pre-ordered it because it looks great. Check it out at Dark Horse comics if anybody is interested. The Art work alone is really awesome and the information regarding the world really sold me on this. The price is U.S. $39.99
The Link-http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/22-388/Dragon-Age-The-World-of-Thedas-Volume-1-HC

Posted on March 21, 2013 at 7:39 AM

#
I don't remember what they call that stockpile of information in game, but is that like all the side information you unlock by checking books? They call it the codex in Mass Effect.

Or is this stuff that's elaborated in more detail here than anywhere else? I guess I'm just trying to figure out if I could read the wiki for the same info.

Posted on March 21, 2013 at 12:07 PM

#
Well you might. Like I said, if you're a fan and I mean a big fan of Dragon Age and the world, then you should get it. But if you're not. Don't.

Posted on March 21, 2013 at 7:08 PM

#
The Return of Races to Dragon Age III: Inquisition!!!
I was so happy to read this. Sounds like Bioware is taking the suggestions on the forums seriously! Now all I have to wait for is them to bring back Arcane Mage!!!
- http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/08/14/the-return-of-races-in-dragon-age-inquisition.aspx

Posted on August 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM

#
Yeah! That part is exciting. But then did you hear about the writer who quit due to death threats against her family?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/16/bioware-writer-quits-after-death-threats-to-family-3925970/

There's some anger inside of me towards, this but I'm finding difficult to put it into words. The reason some people hate her is her admission that she's not so much a fan of gameplay as she is of game story. That is a valid freaking opinion! There's nothing wrong with it! Then this dumb enthusiast community has yielded some of the most vitriolic trolls to attack her for her honesty and gender, which has led to this? Ugh.

Posted on August 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM

#
My GAWD- People need to get a life. How pathetic. I wouldn't have quit Bioware. It's most likely some stupid people who have no life and believe DA is their life in some manner. It's just ridiculous the way people act. This reminds me of your other post on Tumblr about the sick weirdness of fanboys on girl stuff. It's all rather off putting but welcome to Earth. Where everyone is a little sick and crazy.

Posted on August 17, 2013 at 6:55 PM

#
I actually have some good news on that now: http://www.themarysue.com/hepler-quits-xbox-update/

The original report was overblown, and she quit for a job opportunity, rather than due to harassment. She did, however, receive a lot of harassment, and that's disgusting.

Posted on August 18, 2013 at 1:10 AM

#
Agreed. I mean come on people. Seriously? It's a video game! Ugh. If only those type of people got heated about legitimate topics...

Posted on August 18, 2013 at 1:36 AM

#

You must be logged in to post in the forums.